PDA

View Full Version : Help.

Neverbeensoscared
12-02-10, 04:13
i still have not gotten to sleep. Im really trying not to have a panic attack, its too early in the morning to go for a jog and get rid of this feeling, what the heck in the world such i do?!?! i dont know anymore. Its really getting me down. I feel very dead.

Mr Stress
12-02-10, 08:01
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. What sometimes helps me when I feel one coming on is to concentrate my attention somewhere else, the more attention that activity requires the better. I've got myself a great collection of little games on my mobile phone like sudoku or little maze puzzles, I find if I can ignore the onset of the attack and immerse myself in the game then it helps.

Hope you get it sorted :)

Pinkangels
12-02-10, 11:46
Try and stop the "trying not to have a panic attack" (easy to say I know) as the fear of it will make it stronger. Allow it to come, it will come and then pass like it always does. Fear is the worst thing to feed it. xx

Neverbeensoscared
12-02-10, 14:30
I took my mind off things, but my dog brought in a really weird looking baby doll that children play with and it really set me off. I did pace up and down my living room for about an hour and rocked back and forth to some music on a chair. Took ages to go away, i just didnt want to have a panic attack, i smoked twice and i dont smoke normally. I smoked two ciggaretts in a day and have been taking them from my mums packet. I feel like im trying to battle with fear of having the fear inside me. I do have drugs to control it. But sometimes ive taken one, and sort of fought against it? if that is possible. maybe the drugs are not strong enough. im not sure. I am also starting to loose weight :/ my friends have said so. My mum keeps trying to make me eat and make sure that ive eaten. This makes me fear even more, i have really up and down days, i even get to the point where i hold a knife to my mouth or something and scratch the inside of my mouth like im trying to take away the fear. Just such a build up and it tends to happen at home during the night when i cannot sleep. :/ Thankyou for your help i know i need to just let them come and go and not think about them, its so hard because i feel like im in need of someone to hold my hand whilst im having one, its horrible being alone. xxx

gypsywomen
12-02-10, 15:00
some advice stop fighting and go with your feelings let it wash over you it wll pass ,,fighting will fuel the brain to fear mode panic feeds on fear be strong x

squeaky
12-02-10, 16:16
Its so true that trying to accept the attack will slowly stop them. But we all understand the terror that can come over you is awful. Others have mentioned Dr Claire Weekes book and it helped me a lot. Tell yourself youve got a good strong heart. Ill happily admit that as a middle aged bloke having attacks i wanted someone to hold my hand! Good luck!