PDA

View Full Version : Blood results

nickieb
12-02-10, 16:56
Ok so i had my blood results back today & it shows my Thyroid has gone a tad strange again.

She said they measure 2 levels one in the blood & the other in the brain. The one in my brain is elevated & the other one is normalish-low. So i have to therefore get this repeated again in 3 months. Has this happened to anyone else?

Nic x

pinkpiglet
13-02-10, 14:40
Hi Nickie! This is exactly what happens with me!! One reading comes back normal and the other one comes back borderline underactive although I'm not sure which one is low. They used to medicate mebut now I am on no medication at all. I used to have to have my bloods done every 4 to 6 months but my last blood results came back 'all normal' and my g.p who is new told me that anxiety can show up abnormal thyroid readings. I'v had this problem for over 9 years and I had never been told this before. It does make sense though as when i think about it, alot of people with anxiety, stress or depression do seem to have thyroid problems. There are many people on this site who mention it too. x