PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack symptoms

skippy66
12-02-10, 22:54
If you were getting upper chest tightness, radiating to your neck and jaw, coming on and off in waves, varying in intensity,

But here's the thing.....BETTER with exercise,

What would u do??

I'm going out of my mind here - everything points to heart attack except that it's better with exercise.

Someone please diagnose this

ps I'm also feeling flushed in neck and head

f4Gg0t_43
12-02-10, 23:02
Well I am not a professional but I remember a post a while back that said "if you were having a heart attack, you wouldn't have time to think if you were having one or not" meaning if you were actually having a heart attack you would definitely know it, and definitely wouldn't have time to question it, let alone come online and make a thread about it.

nomorepanic
12-02-10, 23:12
I have had a heart attack as you may know and trust me you do know something is not right and certainly not able to go and exercise !

Remember that the heart is basically one big muscle and needs exercise too or it gets tense and causes pain.

nickieb
12-02-10, 23:32
Go see a doctor or ring 999 if your worried. Its always better to be safe x

Shigo13
13-02-10, 04:42
I had similar symptoms. I thought I was having heart attacks left and right! I went to the doctor and got an EKG done. My heart is healthier than most my doc said. These are most likly symptoms of anxiety. I would go to the doc and get an EKG just for peace of mind. Get a blood test also. When the doctor asks for a blood test and lets me know the results a couple days later. My HA goes back to a normal persons!

lucyeast
13-02-10, 10:12
i really feel this at the mo too spent most of last night worrying i was having a heart attack but had these pains for about 3/4 weeks now my doc said it was a trapped nerve from holding my baby but i am not so sure convinced there is something wrong with my heart but feel like im wasting docs time as they always say its anxiety.
go and get checked out for your own peace of mind
hope you feel better soon

skippy66
14-02-10, 22:57
I've recently started properly exercising again after a LONG time out, ie 8yrs, by playing tennis so maybe it's muscle related but it just fits the angina description so perfectly that it gets me so worried.

Ok so it's not a heart attack, but if it's angina it means a heart attack is right around the corner.

If it was muscular, why would my neck and jaw feel tight too?

This constricting sensation comes and goes and is NOT related to exercise.

Does angina HAVE to be related to exercise???????

A few people have said get it checked out but here's the thing - before this all started 2 weeks ago I had very recently had an ECG, echo and stress test done on my heart which I don't get results back from til may. Also had the blood tests a few weeks before to rule out heart attack enzymes.

I'm only 28 FFS, this is really getting me down at a time when I should be enjoying my life.

puppyskin
14-02-10, 23:04
im the same mine is tightness around those areas not actual pain,but i get pain in teeth at times,i freak out every night it happens thinking this is it.

skippy66
14-02-10, 23:39
I've actually just reassured myself by googling, I know I shouldn't have but i did, and I'm kind of reassured that the pain is muscular in origin and down to the recent exercise I've started. It could be a combination of my lungs, heart and chest muscles all being overstretched because they've done nothing like it for 8 yrs.

Hopefully

puppyskin
14-02-10, 23:45
is it tight most of the time, cos they say thats where tension is mostly stored.

sarahg03
19-02-10, 11:18
I've recently started properly exercising again after a LONG time out, ie 8yrs, by playing tennis so maybe it's muscle related but it just fits the angina description so perfectly that it gets me so worried.

Ok so it's not a heart attack, but if it's angina it means a heart attack is right around the corner.

If it was muscular, why would my neck and jaw feel tight too?

This constricting sensation comes and goes and is NOT related to exercise.

Does angina HAVE to be related to exercise???????

A few people have said get it checked out but here's the thing - before this all started 2 weeks ago I had very recently had an ECG, echo and stress test done on my heart which I don't get results back from til may. Also had the blood tests a few weeks before to rule out heart attack enzymes.

I'm only 28 FFS, this is really getting me down at a time when I should be enjoying my life.

Hi

I know how you feel worrying about your heart, I am 26 and I have the same problem but when I have bad days I just float through them and start on a new day I have spent the last week floating through my life and I have got 3 children under six.

What I would say to put your mind at rest is not to worry about your heart or angina I know its hard but you have to do this or you will spend all of your life worrying about something that isnt going to happen....as for angina and a heart attack being around the corner, dont worry about that my Grandmother is turning 88 this year and she was diagnosed with angina in her late 50's and she is still going, she even gets on a bus and takes herself shopping for the day and the bus ride is 30 mins there and 30 mins back.

I did a post earlier in the month about Heart Attacks and I did all the maths and in fact the amount of people in the UK that have a heart attack is 0.44%, so try and relax all the figures the government throw at you are scare tactics to get people to watch their weight and exercise more as over weight people cost the NHS about 1 billion pound per year, it just cost cutting exercises for the government.

Notice how they send out messages for you to stop eating food thats bad for you like mcdonalds, crisps and chocolate and things like that, but they dont make adverts about smoking so much....why because the money they make of cigarettes is astronomical. And they dont make half as much money on food as they do on Cigs.

Hope this helps take care xx:yesyes:

Wolfie
19-02-10, 12:29
Try not to worry, if it was anything serious then you would certainly know.

You mention that you've taken up exercise again - the pains you are experiencing are more likely to be related to the exercise rather than angina/heart attack.

Exercise, depending on what type you do, can end up with your muscles being really achey, most likely because you over exerted, or because you just haven't used them to that extent before.

Remember, there are muscles around your chest area and your neck, which may explain the tightness in your jaw, etc.

Try not to worry, I'm sure you are fine :)

Chrissy xxx