PDA

View Full Version : Im really frightened!!!

ames6767
13-02-10, 08:15
Ive been feeling great for a while now and not getting hardly any heart flutters or missed beats but this morning Ive woken up and its happening loads! my husband is away for the night and Im left with our 2 kids for the night. Im so scared as its flutter every couple of minutes. sorry Im probably not making much sense. :weep:

Jaco45er
13-02-10, 08:25
Hi Ames

Your mind is probably a wee bit on edge because your hubby is away and it's not your normal routine. and when your mind gets a wee bit anxious, your body follows.

It's just a little bit of anxiety acting on your body, and the main organ that is effected by those pesky anxiety causing chemicals is your heart. So only natural you are getting those fluttery chest feelings, it's very common.

It's nothing sinister (assuming you have been to the GP in the past), I get palps, flutters, thuds and that awful "being in a lift stopping suddenly" feeling when anxious or stressed.

Try and keep yourself occupied today (shouldn't be too difficult with 2 kids ;)) and try to adopt a "yuck, oh well it's only anxiety, it will pass" attitude.

It will soon pass.

TC

Jaco

ames6767
13-02-10, 10:22
thank you, I know Im a bit stressed out about him not being here. it silly cos hes is out to work sometimes till 6.30 at night but because hes usually here at weekend, I started getting nervous as soon as he went! I have to remember they wont hurt me but when they come in clusters its hard. thank you for your time xx

loulabell
13-02-10, 13:11
Hi ames,
Ive also had this alot, its not too bad at the moment but if ive been stressed i get it quite alot. A few weeks ago i had it really bad and one night while lay in bed my heart felt like it was skipping beats on and off for the whole time until i fell asleep. It is frightening but try to reassure yourself alot of people on here suffer with it. I can go for months without it then it comes back again and its usually if ive been stressed. I hope this reassures you.
Louise

tasia
13-02-10, 13:21
Hi there,
Yes i sometimes get this too and its normally when im laying in bed, sometimes it feels like it takes my breath away although i know it doesnt ofcourse but it does feel really weird...it is all anxiety related and the more you think about it the more you can feel it..you are feeling anxious because your husband is away..its hard i know and its scary but truly there is nothing wrong as Louise said above it happens to alot of people..take care.

ames6767
13-02-10, 14:20
Thank you again lovely people. I do as I always do feel better now I've read your messages. Xxx

looking4answers
13-02-10, 21:18
mine does this all day everyday :-(

Carys
13-02-10, 21:33
its happening loads! my husband is away for the night and Im left with our 2 kids for the night.

That is exactly why it is happening loads. A few months ago my husband was away for a few weeks, and I thought 'what if I wake in the night and have a panic attack/feel sick', even though that hadn't happened for years. Lo and behold.....yeah...you guess it :roflmao:

ames6767
13-02-10, 23:32
Thought I was ok but still getting loads, so tired and want to sleep but scared!! Think this is to do with hormones too as I'm due on. So fed up with this:(

lrforge
14-02-10, 01:01
I get them lots to! Have you had yours checked out? I know it is so much easier said than done,but worrying about them make them so much worse(honestly I can't even do that!). But the one thing that has helped me a HUGE HUGE amount, it taking a Calcium,Magnisium and Zinc supplement. Magnesium helps palps. I used to get them all day every day but since I started taking them, its pretty rare I get them!

ames6767
14-02-10, 07:50
Ive had ecgs and recently had a 7 day taping and blood pressure monitoring but would that show a problem? havent had a lot of sleep and its jumping all over today, trying to not let it bother me. thanks for responding. x

JT69
14-02-10, 12:34
Hi i was suffering like this in the months leading up to Christmas on and off and woke up Christmas morning feeling like it. Knowing the GP surgeries were closed for 4 days sent me into as bit of a frenzy so I ended up at A&E having lots of tests...they did ECG twice and the did find a little irregular (which had calmed down the second time). They told me if there was a problem then it would of shown up. They put it all down to anxiety. Please try not to worry (easier said than done). Mine has eased at the moment as I have started medication again for anx/dep so will see how it goes. Hope I have helped you. Take care. Jo.

Typer
14-02-10, 14:34
Hope things are better for you today. Like the others, I get these on a daily basis. It's so upsetting and disappointing if you have a run of good days and then they return, often with a vengeance.

According to Claire Weeks (loving her book) the slightest thing in the sensitized person can cause a setback. Maybe if you haven't already you could buy her book and read it next time your hubby is away or any other stress filled situation.

Just reading it makes me feel a whole lot better....just holding it even!