PDA

View Full Version : side affects of escitalopram need advices

lildutt
13-02-10, 12:08
ive been on escitalopram 3 days a go and since then i have had feeling of sickness been sick once and headache at bk of my head. was on citalopram 4 number of years before getting them changed 3 days ago cus my anxiety and panic attacks went on a all time high
dont know what to do stop them or keep taking them thanks

catlady3
13-02-10, 16:46
Hi,

You are not alone. I started taking 5mg per day about 4 weeks ago, it has just been increased to 10mg per day. I have the most horrendous panic/anxiety attacks which stop me going into busy places - even queuing up will bring on an attack.

The good news is that after about two and a half weeks of taking the tablet the side effects started to subside. I now just feel aching and tired, as though I have a really bad cold or flu.

I am back at docs on the 4th March. I will keep you updated. Don't give up. Its nice to know I am not alone with my problems.

Marie

lildutt
13-02-10, 20:34
marie thanks for replying and please do michelle x

BabyRachel
13-02-10, 22:39
Keep going with it, the side effects will pass. I'm on 20mg, I understand the bad side effects!! xx

lildutt
15-02-10, 01:27
thanks huni am feeling little better today the side effecs has calmed down now

Joonyer
15-02-10, 23:10
ive been on escitalopram 3 days a go and since then i have had feeling of sickness been sick once and headache at bk of my head. was on citalopram 4 number of years before getting them changed 3 days ago cus my anxiety and panic attacks went on a all time high
dont know what to do stop them or keep taking them thanks

Hey Michelle - glad to hear you're feeling a little better now. I've always wondered when reading the side effects section of the little paper insert that comes with these sorts of meds, how ridiculous it is that in order to relieve your anxiety, you have to have a briefly increased risk of depression, anxiety, and suicide etc! Madness.

Admittedly I don't remember much about when I went on them as it was a good few years ago now, but mostly because I was such a wreck at the time that I probably didn't notice anything different until around 4 weeks when I started to notice some rays of hope.

It will and does get much better tho, and the long term benefits are well worth it.

Let us know how you get on!

Matt

lildutt
16-02-10, 07:02
thanks matt and yeah am doing well with them another day yesterday without any side effects thank god lol

lildutt
27-02-10, 02:00
doing really well with them now but im off to docs on wed to ask if i can go up one more 5mg aand get something for pmt aswell