PDA

View Full Version : I've just been sick :-(

Mondie
13-02-10, 19:29
I've just thrown up and am convinced there was dark blood in it, it looked like chocolate, but I haven't eaten any today.

I'm home alone and panicking (yet again)

Please help me :weep:

nomorepanic
13-02-10, 19:33
What sort of things have you eaten today?

Mondie
13-02-10, 19:37
I had some toast this morning and a slice of pizza for lunch, haven't had dinner yet...

nomorepanic
13-02-10, 19:40
Do you know what made you sick?

What sort of toppings was on the pizza?

Mondie
13-02-10, 19:44
I had a really migraine yesterday and took some imigran on a relatively empty stomach and that made my stomach really hurt and it's been a bit funny since. I'm also on my period and my IBS is playing up, so all in all my stomach isn't great! Guess that might have something to do with it??

MY HA head is just telling me it's stomach cancer; not helped as I'm on my own and always get carried away when I'm lonely!

Pizza was ham and pineapple...

nomorepanic
13-02-10, 19:51
Aww sorry you are on your own and worrying.

I am sure it is nothing sinister. Sometimes you can strain the throat when being sick and maybe a bit of blood could be seen from that.

The drugs may have upset the stomach lining too - my mum got this from taking too much aspirin once and she had blood in her sick as well.

Hopefully you won't be sick again.

Eat some plain bland food tonight and hopefully things will settle down.

Mondie
13-02-10, 19:53
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me Nicola, really appreciate it...

Lissy43
14-02-10, 08:29
I wouldn't worry. Unless it continues don't fret.

Pizza could have caused the discoloured sick, but then again you could have just strained yourself when you were vomiting.

I hope you feel better today x

Cat80
14-02-10, 11:20
I would definately go and get checked out. Without worrying you the most common symptom of a bleeding stomach ulcer is sick that looks like coffee grounds. If it looked like that you need to get to a&e and get checked out.

But as other people have said it could simply be that you ate the wrong thing and that it's upset your stomach. See how you are feeling today and eat very bland, I'd stay away from fatty foods for a while too.

Mondie
14-02-10, 11:43
I never know what people mean when they say coffee grounds? Do you mean coffee from a jar before you add the water or the stuff left at the bottome of a filtered coffee??

Cat80
14-02-10, 12:24
Yes, it supposed to look like the coffee from a jar before you mix it according to what I've read.

I honestly don't think it's that though, I just wanted you to be aware to you could keep an eye on it, not to worry you.

Really hope you are feeling better this morning

Typer
14-02-10, 14:41
Yes that is what it looks like. But, from what you say, seems more like the other two possible causes like the meds if they are aspirin like (anti inflammatory)...they can cause stomach bleeding - or from the retching which can also cause slight bleeding.

After I had a bad cold which caused some slight nose bleeding, I was sick and in it was blood. The blood had come from my nose. Other than that there was something in the pizza that went that colour after ingesting

Anyway, has the pain and sickness stopped? I hope you feel a little better

Mondie
14-02-10, 18:16
Haven't been sick again, but feel nauseous and my stomach is not feeling right. I'm going to try and get an appointment at the dr's tomorrow as I am now worried about stomach ulcers.

I googled the symptoms and they mirror what I have been suffering from. Especially the pains I get when my stomach is empty...

Thanks for the messages x

head held high
14-02-10, 19:12
i had that once and my brother said that it is the stomach lining that apears to look like blood, nothing to worry about and not dangerous. it is horribe and tasted like blood thou

Cat80
15-02-10, 10:15
Mondie, please don't worry about a stomach ulcer. I only mentioned just so you can keep an eye on it as if you have one you need to be aware of it.

Your stomach probably is still sore and you are still feeling queasy because you have been sick. Give it a couple of days eating very mild foods and see if you feel any better. If not then try getting an appointment at the Dr's.

I'm sure you'll be fine