PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sick After A Small Amount Of Food!

jonny_walker
13-02-10, 19:41
Hi, I Am Usually A Very Good Eater And Enjoy My Food But For The Last 2 Weeks I Have Been Feeling Very Sick After About 4 Mouth fulls Of Food. I Am Suffering From Anxiety But I Have Never Had This.. I Am Feering There Is Somthing Seriousely Wrong With Me .. Help!

Anyone Else Get This??

Jonny xx

MandySlade
13-02-10, 20:21
Obviously I can't tell you that this is 100% "nothing wrong" because there is a small chance it could be something.

However, I had this as a major anxiety symptom last summer when my HA was at its worst. I somehow got it in my head that I wasn't hungry, then I'd worry about not being hungry, and I'd worry about WHY I wasn't hungry (and btw loss of appetite is a very common anxiety symptom)... so it became cyclic.

Then when I'd finally force myself to eat, I'd feel like I was "full" really fast and/or I'd feel like I was going to be sick. Also, the longer you starve yourself the more your stomach shrinks and the more you WILL feel full faster. Anxiety can cause all sorts of eating problems.

My suggestion to you is to work past it, sit down, and eat a reasonable sized meal. Not huge, just "normal". Even if you feel like you can't or you might be sick, just tell yourself you're being silly and focus on how good the food tastes and how you're going to get past this eating issue -now-.

Part of the problem, IMO, is that I started to become phobic that I'd be sick when I ate. You need to work past that ASAP before it spirals out of control. Fortunately the cycle works both ways. Once you start eating normally again it will tend to get increasingly better.

Of course, if you try all of this and the problem persists, you should see a doctor. Like I said in the first place... of course something "could" be wrong. If that was never an option none of us would have health anxiety. Something can always be wrong.

It's just also very reasonable to think this is anxiety related.