PDA

View Full Version : just swollowed me filling....please read

mummy4
13-02-10, 19:56
its a temp filling called tooth-fil that i bought from the chemist. its been in fair few weeks now but i just just eating a sandwich and realised its not there anymore so i have obviously swollowed it :(

is this harmful does anyone know????????????

MandySlade
13-02-10, 20:40
Honestly I have no idea about the product, but what I can tell you is that pretty much everything that is legally sold to go into the mouth and is small enough to be easily swallowed, can be ingested without serious damage. There are strict regulations about it.

PS. I just looked it up (so you wouldn't have to) and it seems to be safe. If you're really worried I'd call your dentist or doctor and just ask. I'm not DR but again, I highly doubt it'll do you any damage.

MandySlade
13-02-10, 20:41
also, adding... if it's past office hours/weekend and you can't call your DR/Dentist, you can always call the pharmacy and ask them.

IrishPrincess
13-02-10, 20:44
Mummy I have done this a couple of times before and I felt grand, can't imagine it's dangerous I'm sure it happens a lot.

mummy4
13-02-10, 21:05
thank you, just so worried now :(

looking4answers
13-02-10, 21:10
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I have swallowed coins, and whole teeth and most of the fillings I have ever had .. it won't hurt you period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mummy4
13-02-10, 21:18
thank you sooooo much that has out me at ease a little now! x

kp77
13-02-10, 21:21
Don't worry your be fine. I've swallowed fillings before, the only harm they ever did was to my wallet getting them fixed.

Carys
13-02-10, 21:41
The thing is, as someone said above, anything that is designed to be used in the mouth has to be safe to be swallowed/ingested. I bet there are SO many cases of people swallowing their temporary fillings. You know, you may have even swallowed it a few days ago and it is already 'out the other end'. :blush::D