PDA

View Full Version : tension......

puppyskin
13-02-10, 22:16
is it normal to feel this much tension and tightness in your body when im not really anxious in my mind??:huh:

pinkpiglet
13-02-10, 23:03
Hey! thats how i always think!!
'but i'm not stressed out' . I start with the symptoms, i deny it, blame it on an underlying cause (usually something serious) but then slowly it becomes apparant that I am going through an anxious period. Then i develop new symptoms and so on!!! Tension and tightness are a big indicator that its stress!!!
Anxiety is pants!!! x

KK77
13-02-10, 23:09
Sometimes we don't realise how stressed or anxious we are until our bodies tell us ... and I think it's important that we listen...

puppyskin
13-02-10, 23:10
when i feel my muscles they are solid even stomach feels full,is there constantly adrenaline running through your system without you knowing about it,so frustrating...x

hopefulis
14-02-10, 09:26
Yes, I definately do. So much so that I've started going for massages and have taken up pilates to help relax my tense muscles.

Took me ages to believe that it was all tension and anxiety related though!

Lisa

Lissy43
14-02-10, 10:29
Urghhh I hate tension. I get a knot feeling in my stomach and one side of my head throbs.

MOJO
14-02-10, 10:58
It's really horrible isn't it? My whole body is tense as I'm sitting here now. I feel like a coiled spring.

JohnBliss
14-02-10, 17:37
Same here ,and a coiled spring is the way I always describe it. I do find the best way to get rid of it is to move around. For me it's always at its worst when I'm sitting down supposedly relaxing as if I'm not supposed to !!!
Regards
John