PDA

View Full Version : Tingling / Numb hands and feet

MelbourneGirl
14-02-10, 09:50
So I've had these numb / tingling feelings in my feet on and off for two days. Occasionally my hands will feel numb as well - I've been panicky and weepy on and off all weekend - I'm convinced that it's MS, or a stroke or maybe something on my spinal cord.

I had a bath and it felt better for a while.. Can anxiety cause these feelings?

I'm trying so hard to keep myself relaxed and calm but I'm just not managing. I'm dreading going to work in the morning because my job involves dealing with lots of people and I just don't think I can cope. I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to deal with getting the kids to school tomorrow if I keep feeling like this...

Vee

B-gal
14-02-10, 10:05
Hi there, Ive not experienced this through anxiety myself but I have read many many times on this forum that other anxiety sufferers have experienced tingling and numbness.

xx

MelbourneGirl
14-02-10, 10:08
Thanks for replying - it helps so much to know that someone is out there listening...

Vee

JT69
14-02-10, 12:27
Hi there, I have experienced the same as you and it is all anxiety related, the more you get worked up about it the worse it seems to be but that cant be helped. Bless you I really feel for you as I know exactly how you feel it horrible and just seems to happen for no apparant reason. I also find myself getting down and weepy over it all cos you just want to be o.k. and feel normal (whatever normal is??? lol!). If you search through this site you will find alot of others feeling exactly the same and it will ease your mind. it is helping me enormously and I only joined the site just under a week ago. Take care and hope I have helped. Jo.

carli
14-02-10, 22:40
Hello, hope ur feeling better. Please read through my posts hun as i have htis all the time and have done tons of threads on it. Loads of people on here get it. xx

BigDunk34
24-02-10, 10:55
ive had it when i was in my early 20's, still get it now, i suffer with it more in hands and legs....dont worry about it x (p.s. im 34 now, so if it was serious im sure i'd be dead!) xx