PDA

View Full Version : Got the shakes today

Jannie2948
14-02-10, 14:26
Just wanted to post this today cos I'm having rather a shaky, lightheaded day and feel anxious. Off to Dr's on Friday to see if I need to up my dosage of Citalopram, have been on 20mg for 3 months wondering if I need to up to 30mg? Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Jannie x x

pinkpiglet
14-02-10, 17:05
You sound just like me...shaky, lightheaded and anxious although I am/have been managing without the meds for about 10 months now! i was on several different kinds, fluoxetine, trazadone and then Sertraline over a period of about 7 months. I just did not feel like I could continue taking them. My other half however is on citalopram and he as found them very helpful. He started off on 20mg then moved up to 40mg and is now considering lowering the dose. The thing i am trying to say is that we are all different and different drugs suit different people and affect us differently. We have to decide (along with our GP's advice) what is best for us as individuals. If you feel that you need to up your dose the best person to discuss this with is your GP. Remember also that it can take up to three months for your body to adapt to a drug or new dosage. Good luck!! Hope you finally find the right balance x

Jannie2948
14-02-10, 18:24
Thanks very much pinkpiglet for your help. It is an ongoing struggle, but I hope that I can get through these days that are not so good. I've been like this since last October, but if I'm honest I have been an anxious person for some years but it came to a head in October. The Citalopgram have definitely helped but on the days when I feel more anxious I just hate it!! I've never taken any other medication for this, apart from the odd Diazapam in the moments when I'm bad, but haven't got any at the moment so I'll wait to see what Dr says on Friday. All the best to you and your husband, :-)

Jannie x x