PDA

View Full Version : Other sites......

RobyBaggio18
02-01-06, 22:35
Ive just searched depersonilsation and derealisation on google and reduced my self to tears. The site was so negative and I think the power of suggestion got to me. These people have a history of drug use like me and have suffered from dp/dr for years, I dont want to end up like that.

Just need to remind myself that dp/dr disappeared along with anxiety before and ive been drug free for nearly 5 years now.

Need to ban myself from google.

nomorepanic
02-01-06, 22:47
Some sites help and some make you worse.

Was there one in particular that didn't help or just a few of them?

I did suffer for years but I never knew what it was and how to fix it. Now I do and it did go.

Nicola

Trish
02-01-06, 22:52
Just wanted to say well done for being drug-free for 5years!

Also banning yourself from Google is a brilliant idea!

All good wishes for 2006

Trishx

RobyBaggio18
02-01-06, 22:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Some sites help and some make you worse.

Was there one in particular that didn't help or just a few of them?

I did suffer for years but I never knew what it was and how to fix it. Now I do and it did go.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 02 January 2006 : 22:47:07</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

one in particular.

I won't post it as I don't want other folk looking.

thank god this place is reassurance on tap [^]

DagoGirl
03-01-06, 01:11
I too have read some terrible things about DP/DR and it scared me too. I think we as anxious people are always open to suggestion and if we read or hear of someone elses symptoms we obsess and then think the same thing will happen to us. For example, I have been reading so much on agoraphobia and its severist cases and so ive gone out alot less. I also read that people have had DP for years and that made me worry about it so much. I too have had it in the past and Ive had it go away. But, we always think "this time its here forever." But the reality is WE WILL GET BETTER. I have been wondering alot lately if we are actually not experiencing the DP all the time but rather fearing it all the time. I dont know your experience with it but when I have it and its full blown it is very intense. But on a day to day basis it just seems to be this dull feeling in my mind. Id be interested to know what you are anyone else thinks about that "theory." Take care my friend!