PDA

View Full Version : a dip or is it the medication?

Jilly10
14-02-10, 19:27
Hello...again...I have been taking 20mg of escitalopram since January 1st. I started feeling better at about 4 weeks, then at 5 weeks I felt pretty good, although not 100% "me". Now, at week 6, I feel like I'm regressing! i feel just as bad as I did at week 4. It's been 3 days of this. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you carry on with the medication and it got better? I'm tired of this roller coaster! I'm also plagued with obsessive thoughts which seem to subside with the anxiety but are making my recovery much harder! Any words of advice???

Dee dee
16-02-10, 16:11
Hi gilly

Like you I have been taking cipralex since 1 jan this yr at 10mg. I have taken it b4 for 4 yrs and found it was soo good I got cocky and came off it...my life then seemed to spiral out of control. I went back on it as I began suffering chronic anxiety attacks and then really bad depression with it. It took a few weeks for me to begin to feel slightly better, some days were good some not so good but not as severe as they had been, last week I felt fab and thought this is it, I'm on the road to recovery and now this wk just feel so depressed again. It's so frustrating but I have heard others say it's a bit of a roller coaster for the first few months and then your mood settles. I hope this is true. I cried so much this morning just wanting to feel normal and my happy go lucky self again. I just want my life back.

Jilly10
16-02-10, 18:58
It is nice to know that someone is going through the same thing as me. I also took excitalopram for a few years and stopped last June. I wish I had listened to my instinct and not the doctor who suggested I should come off it! I'm feeling a bit better today, although definitely not my normal self. it would still be nice to hear from others out there who have had similar symptoms but are feeling good now!