PDA

View Full Version : New here

Max
02-01-06, 23:35
Hi everyone.

As you can probably tell my names Max ;)

I live in the South Yorkshire area and have been battling social anxiety and agoraphobia for a few years now.

I'm pretty sure my problems stem from experimenting with cannabis in my teens although a search on this board found nothing on the subject.

My anxiety got to the point where I had to turn my back on my career in the IT sector and I am now looking at re-training in a more solitary field of work.

Anyway, enough about me. I'm sure I'll find lots of great advice here.

vernon
03-01-06, 00:05
Hi Max and welcome to the site. About the cannabis, I have heared lots say they think there depression/anxieties are due to the same on here. Anyway hope you get plenty of help here wich I am sure you will. take care, Vernon

freakedout
03-01-06, 01:38
welcome Max,

Interested to know what line of solitary work you are looking into. I have big work issues. People on this site amaze me, they have a wealth of understanding and knowlege.

Bye,
Louisa

Tomimo
03-01-06, 08:50
Welcome to the forums.

Everyone here is incredibly supportive, I hope you find it helps you.

Annie x x

trac67
03-01-06, 10:27
Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum, you will got a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
03-01-06, 14:09
Hello Max

Screwed myself up using drugs (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5333)
EFFECTS OF ECSTACY (DRUG)? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6300)
LSD FLASHBACK Vs PANIC ATTACK (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6369)

You are not alone in recreational drug use sparking off panic and it does wear itself out over time unless you perpetuate it by getting into the fear cycle.

Get yourself on those fish oils to help your brain heal

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
03-01-06, 15:20
Hi Max

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

chucklehound
03-01-06, 16:15
Hi Max and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too! :D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

sueiamnew
03-01-06, 18:37
Hi Max, Welcome to the site.

nomorepanic
03-01-06, 18:49
Hi Max

A warm welcome aboard.

I think Meg has given you links to others that have suffered after using drugs so I hope they help.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

shalom
06-10-06, 10:18
Hey, Max. I'm new here, too, and came upon your post doing a search for cannabis.

I know just how you feel. Personally, I used sex (with self and others) for over 35 years, gradually adding drink and grass until that became the secondary addiction, to escape the fears and internal pressures.

I got help when I ended up at an addictions counselor, who also got me involved in the 12- Step Recovery Groups. I was involved with them for 7 or 8 years and it turned my life around more than anything else. Like this site, it provided totally unjudgmental friends who know how I feel because they've BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. ALso, I was put on anti-depressants/anti-comp[ulsive/obssesives, and tha's also helped tremdously.

I don't go to 12 step things anymore, although I still do things through the insights I got from their philosophy and tools for dealing with life's difficulties.

The fact is, as a result of isolation from fellow sufferers, maybe I'm on the way back to where I was. Drinking more and more, getting high when I can, and fantasizing more and more about illicit sex as a viable alternative for walking through the fear of daily living.

So, for me, thats part of why I'm doing this site. Incredible site Nichola's constructed, and incredible people participating here!

So, good luck. Maye check out an NA meeting -- loads of fun with people like us, and this site's fantastic, as you've alreaedy found out, I imagine. I'm learning how to use it do "Search" for any topic particularly interesting to you, like I found you through looking for grass.

Good luck in everyhting,
Shalom

libbie
06-10-06, 12:01
hi max im from the south yorkshire area too. its a shame you have had to give up your career, but at least you have a positive outlook not giving up altogether. Im sure youll find some great advice and friends on this site

take care
libbie

mad_shell66
06-10-06, 15:22
welcome aboard max,

speak to you soon

try chat out, its a good laugh

scoobygirl2005
06-10-06, 18:54
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here!

Scooby2005
x x