PDA

View Full Version : am i just being needy?

superfran23
03-01-06, 01:57
someone told me tonight that i am just being needy nd depression is stupid. i know i couldn't believe it either.
it has really got me down tonight ( went and got a hug from my mum - i'm at home at the mo)
but it got me thinking, do all my friends feel like this too?
and thinking is my problem now i'm going to be awake all night!!!

Karen
03-01-06, 02:02
Hi superfran

I think you can safely ignore what this person said to you. It seems obvious that they do not understand what it is like to experience depression. It is not a case of being needy and depression is not stupid. It is an emotional illness that you haven't asked for and are not to blame for.

I am glad you had a hug from your mum.

True friends will understand and support you.

Try to let this go and get some restful sleep.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

eeyorelover
03-01-06, 15:21
Well we all know that depression is definitely not stupid!! It is a real illness that has to be addressed and dealt with. And as far as you being needy. Isn't everyone entitled to be needy once in a while?? Why shouldn't you need to be supported? Everyone else has that need whether they have anxiety or depression or not!!
Tell the person who said to you that I said to pi@@ off :)

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

nomorepanic
03-01-06, 20:39
I agree with Sandy - tell them they don't know what they are talking about and pee off!

You know how you feel and they don't.

I am sure your real friends do not think this atall.

Nicola

Keitharcher
03-01-06, 21:35
This philistine must be a caring human being (not) probably one of the people who if they cannot see a bandage or a cut or some other evidence then your not ill. Ignore them we know its an illness and illness that can be beaten with the help of others. Just dont turn to that person any more I agree with the opinion they should be told to **** off. I hope your feeling better soon

Keith