PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im Julie and a newbie on here

JulieM
14-02-10, 22:16
:) Hi im Julie, a retired Nurse with hubby and a grown up family, and im disabled through some physical health problems which i have had for over 15 yrs, which ended my career and sent me though a phase of anxiety and depression, which i have now slowly learned to come to terms with, and am feeling better from these days, dispite my physical problems deteriorating. I am looking forward to joining in with topics on this forum and giving and recieving support from members and those more upto date in the latest treatments than i am, since giving up Nursing in the Mid 90s, when my problems began with High blood presure and retinopathy, heart problems and type 2 diabetes, as well as a nurses curse of a bad back and disc problems from years of lifting people, no hoists to do the job when i was out on the wards lol.

Julie

nomorepanic
14-02-10, 22:17
Hi JulieM

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

dulcie
14-02-10, 22:24
Hi Julie - new to this myself - the kids would prefer that i was on facebook but with my present anxiety i think this is the way to go! my big worry is finding my way around the site - replying to someone like yourself and never finding you again. If that is the case sorry for the state of your health - I was in the ambulance service as a very young woman(long time ago) and have had a bad neck ever since - again YOU had to do the lifting. Take care.:blush:

Veronica H
14-02-10, 22:35
:welcome:to NMP Julie. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

JulieM
14-02-10, 22:41
Thanks for the welcome people, yes im still finding my way around the site, but hopefully i will learn my way fairly quickly, im a moderator for another forum which follows one of hubbys hobbies, so it does help and give me a bit of an advantage lol:D