PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this? aas its really worrying me :(

Girl_Interrupted
14-02-10, 22:31
Can anyone explain why i feel kinda spaced out/lightheadedness? I have chronic neck/shoulder tension, my muscles hurt all the way up my neck and underneath the bottom of the skull, I have tense muslces over my forehead as well. Is this anxiety, coz i'm feeling it now thats for sure!!

Hellllpppppp going crazy here :(

yorkylover
14-02-10, 22:37
Sounds like stress and anxiety hun,I get all these aches in my neck,shoulders back ect and its tension with me.xxxxxxx:hugs:

Girl_Interrupted
14-02-10, 22:51
Hi thanks, its scares me as i feel something awful is happening to me like a brain tumor, it freaks me out, and the symptoms get worse. I hate feeling so spaced out, the worst thing is that it happens quite randomly, and catches me off guard, thats what i hate the most.

mummy4
14-02-10, 22:54
i often feel spaced out and light headed and its by far my worst symptom and frightens the life out of me x

Girl_Interrupted
14-02-10, 23:04
Hi mummy4 what do you do about it? My partner gave me a massage tonight which helped a little, but my muscles still feel very tense, its the spaced out feeling i hate, i'm not dizzy, i don't feel like the room is spinning, Right now it feels like i'm carrying a heavy weight on my neck muscles! which makes my head feel tense, which gives this spaced out feeling.

Zee
25-03-10, 20:46
I get the lightheadedness with shoulder/neck tension.

Just before Xmas I woke with a spinning room sensation.It came from nowhere. Spent couple days feeling spacey and then the anxiety thoughts started which of course increases the tension.

just a thought but I had been using a firm memory foam pillow for 2 days before the vertigo. I have been told that a pillow too high can cause tension in the neck/shoulders.. I changed to a feather pillow but then the tension worsened to the front of my shoulders as well and several bouts lightheadedness..By the time I had gone back to a lower pillow my anx had increased the tension so now im working through it.

Dimi
26-03-10, 15:30
I get the spaced out feeling a fair bit, I class it as mild DP (Depersonalisation). I say mild as I get worse moments of the same. With the tension as well, I'd certainly say stress / anxiety.

cat_101
26-03-10, 18:03
i get waves of dizzyness feel detached from my body its all part of anxiety, i also get a lot of chest pain and pain down my arms from my shoulder, its so horrible especially when im at work i have to try and push it aside and tell myself its not doing me any harm, i find having a nice hot bath helps.

Acidomoduso
27-03-10, 02:12
Anxiety, stress and posture! As i've said in another thread here, i am having physio for back pain and it has caused no end of pains everywhere, including, base of skull, shoulder blade, tip of shoulder, neck, upper back, chest, sternum, arm, front of head.... and so it goes on! So, yeah... it can make you feel a bit spaced out, especially if the pain is constant.

Physio is helping but i have just started taking co-dydramol and naproxen. Physio bliddy hurts and makes me feel naff for a few days after but it is helping.