PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work

southernstar66
03-01-06, 07:22
I expect a lot of people can relate to this but its my first day back at work after two weeks of holidays and I'm dreading it! Just before I started my holidays I had a built up of panic attacks happening sporadically but put it down to the fact that I have just transferred to a new team and everything is new and the fact that it was the built up to Christmas. As soon as I broke up from work and went on holiday the panic came on full blast and really took me by surprise. For the past two weeks I feel like I have been feeling the after effects of putting myself under too much pressure with work/home/Christmas/holidays balances. I've had two crap nights sleep not falling asleep until early hours but am determined to go back to work today as i want to try and re-establish some sort of routine for myself which i think can only help in putting me back on track again. Just to say I will be thinking of everyone else in a similar situation and hope that the first day back to work is not as bad as we have been imagining!:D

mirry
03-01-06, 08:11
I agree that it is sometimes the fear thats worse (well I hope so ).
Today I have the dreaded the school run again ,HELP!
Then I have to go to work........I panic just walking down the street so I hope I will cope ok as the first day back is the worst.
You are certainly not alone with this......GOOD LUCK
i WILL BE THINKING OF YOU.

mirryx

Tomimo
03-01-06, 08:51
Well done for facing it and making yourself move on. I shall be doing the same tomorrow.

I hope that your day is good and that you feel you have achieved something when you finish later.

Annie x

Dan
03-01-06, 10:25
good luck to all who are going back to work
i worked all over xmas so lucky old you hahaha
seriously tho i have my nephew twice a week whos 1 and find it quite hard with my anxiety and today is first day back after week off so no the feeling as i had bad night also and he is quite wingey today poor soul anyway new year new start ( how many times have i said that since sunday )
hope all goes well for you all
take care
Dan

southernstar66
04-01-06, 12:10
Well I survived the first day back and as usual the apprehension was worse than the actual event! I had been dreading going back as I have had nearly three weeks off and was completely out of the routine. My job is really stressful so I was dreading walking back into the big stress but fortunately for some reason it didnt happen and wasnt half as stressy as usual. I've got an awful cold virus too which I know doesnt help as I often mis-interpret symptoms as only ever related to panic. At the moment I feel quite hot/cold and fluffy headed ....before the cold came out I put it all down to panic as its so easy just to presume everything is centred around the panic attacks! Hope everyone else who started back yesterday had a good day too

pips
04-01-06, 14:41
Well Done for coping so well.

Yes the anticiapatory anxiety is always so much worse! I get exactly the same I'm not back to work til Monday luckily but i know i'm starting to wind myself up about it already! Will I ever learn! LOL

I hope you feel better soon.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

Meg
04-01-06, 17:32
Well done Southern Star on going and doing better than expected.

The symptoms of having an infection can be very similar with heart racing a bit more, feeling off, breathing faster etc.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
04-01-06, 17:49
Pleased your first day back at work went well. It is horrible the pre anxious tension before you go back, but you did it and coped fine.

Well done mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

alexis
04-01-06, 18:01
Well done Southern star, glad your day was OK, I too was back and I sat in the car park ten minutes before I went in making me late for a job that doesnt start early, lol.
A few days and you wont know you have been away. well done.xxxxxxxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.