PDA

View Full Version : This dizziness starting to worry me

SamanthaAU
15-02-10, 09:07
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times now about dizziness. I have seen my doctor and she wanted me to make sure I was wearing my glasses all the time (as I hadn't been) in case that was making me feel dizzy.

I have worn them a fair bit, and still felt dizzy when they were on. I really don't think it is anxiety related as I feel dizzy at the oddest times. Like last night I went to brush my teeth and I looked down to get my tooth brush out, and it felt like my head was still looking up - if that makes any sense?

I have been feeling really lightheaded again for most of the day.

When I saw my GP and told her I was feeling dizzy and that I had been getting some palpatations she was concerned that I may be getting them at the same time (which I don't think I am) but of course I have a fear in my head that it could be heart related.

Incidently I did have an ECG about a month ago which was all ok, but not sure if that would pick up anything.

Anyway, I just can't think of what else it would be. I am going to make an appointment to see my GP this week as she has been off on 2 weeks holidays.

I am just stressing that it is something bad, and of course that I am going to die from it :(

Thanks if you read this far.

diane07
15-02-10, 09:10
I too have similar to this, i get it if i look up and i get it if i look down, i have figured out that it is to do with my ears, has your doc checked your ears??

di xx

SamanthaAU
15-02-10, 09:35
Thanks for your reply, but my ears aren't sore though I will ask her when I see her.

diane07
15-02-10, 09:39
I don't have sore ears either, but i find after washing my hair, if water gets in my ears, i can almost guarantee that my dizziness will get ten times worse, i now wear ear plugs and it has stopped.

Its worth the doc checking them.

di xx

Jannie2948
15-02-10, 14:01
I too get this, and I know exactly what you mean about you looking down and felt like you were still looking up. If I've looked at my eyes once for any signs, I've looked at them 1,000 times! I also think it is something to do with the ears, my balance seems to be a bit iffy sometimes, which is all to do with your ears. I feel like I am going to fall down sometimes, what with this and dizziness and lightheaded feeling, yuk!! Hope you feel better soon, don't we all :-)

Jannie x x

barbn
15-02-10, 15:43
I get dizzy spells ever so often...started when I was about 39...I am wondering if it has anything to do with hormones and changes to your body???

niky257
15-02-10, 16:15
Hi. I had a health check recently and was talking to this lovely doctor about dizziness/the feeling that the ground is moving under you etc. She said that one explanation is positional vertigo (so ear related) - ie when you move your head position quickly you get the symptoms. She said you need to get a referral to an ENT person for a diagosis. hope this might help

Niky

Chrissie21
15-02-10, 19:20
It does sound like a vestibular problem. It would not make your ears hurt or sore, there are no symptoms like that. It is a nerve in your ear ( i think) I have this too. if i turn my head to quick, look up or down quickly it sets me off balance. having a cold, or going out in really windy cold weather can make it worse. anxiety and panic attacks also set mine off.

Vixki
16-02-10, 00:11
Yes it's to do with the liquid in your ears which gives you the ability to balance. When you look up and then look down again it can take a while for it to figure out what is going on and you can get dizzy from it. If you're worried about it happening the best thing is to not make any sudden movements and when turning your head do it slowly.
If it gets worse you can go and see your doctor as you can get pills for helping with bad vertigo but it's nothing serious at all.

SamanthaAU
16-02-10, 10:06
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply.

I have made a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning, but I am sure there must be something bad wrong as today I have felt dizzy and palpatations even when I am lying still:weep: