PDA

View Full Version : I have to move

Skyeskye
15-02-10, 14:33
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help me. I am moving house in March, but because I now suffer from agrophobia I don't know how I am going to deal with it?

Has anyone got any tips to help me with the dreaded day I move?

S x

Bluebelle
15-02-10, 18:43
Gosh this is a tough one !

I have had agrophobia in the past and I can fully appreciate your situation. I am not currently housebound but I cannot have anyone into my house as it is still my safe place.

Are you having movers come in ? Maybe you could move in pieces- if you move enoygh of your home into the new place then you could ease yourself into the new place.

How far away is the new place?

mummy4
15-02-10, 20:44
hi

i feel for you (((hugs)))

are you moving yourself or are you getting a company to move you??

i moved house in october and we had a company move us. it was expensive (£400) that was to go from a 3 bed house to a 4 bed house but it was money well spent and helped me loads x

verity
15-02-10, 23:12
Take it one step at a time. First sort out the removal company then start packing one set of things at a time. Make a to do list if he
lps and only focus on one task at a time. If your mind wanders to the move day try to bri.g it back to the tasks u r doing today. When I'm anxious about an event coming up I tell myself I am not allowed to worry about it until the morning of the event. Easier said than dun I know but I do find it can help. Wishing u all the best. X