PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety? Will you please take a look? x

sjr1969
15-02-10, 18:47
Hi,
My name is Sarah and i have been a member for a while but dont come on here very often. only when i am "searching" for answers.

I will try to give you my story briefly. I have been diagnosed with M.E/C.F.S for around 10 years now.

The symptoms are far and wide. But I do know that there are alot that seem to be what alot of people on here say is due to anxiety. There are so many symptoms on here that I can say that I have.

I am a very anxious person so i know i do suffer from anxiety. but alot of the symptoms i get i just put down to the M.E. I just wonder sometimes if it is anxiety and not M.E... Or could i be lucky enough to have both!

If i give a list of symptoms would you be kind enough to copy and paste it and put a little tick or something next to it if you have it due to your anxiety please?
This would be most helpful as i am thinking about going to the doctor and asking if they think some or all of the symptoms could be down to anxiety and not M.E.

Also is it possible to get the symptoms with knowingly feeling anxious?

Thanks x

Dizzyness
Lightheadedness
Strange chest sensations
shortness of breath
palpatations

Feeling like I am not here, or parts of my body dont belong to me type feelings (strange i know)!

blurry vision at times
muscle pain
muscle aches
tiredness

buzzing/vibrating type feeling in different parts of my body like an electirc shock sensation

sensation like im going to die especially at nightime
aching hands and feet
cold hands and feet
feeling hot when its cold or vice versa
slow heart rate
pins and needles, hands, feet, face
Short term memory bad
not finding the right words where my words come out all wrong
muscle twitches

oh and ANXIETY and OCD!

Sure there is some more but cant think at the mo. Also, i dont always get all of these symptoms, i can go a while without have some of them.

Please take the time if you can to help me, would mean alot and reassure me maybe x

sarah x

debs180
15-02-10, 19:30
Hi Sarah,
Just wanted to say i suffer with all of the things you have mentioned, not all of them at the moment but at 1 time or another. And for me they have been put down to anxiety related issues.
All of them worrying and a pain, especially if you get more than 1 at a time. Try not to worry to much as you seem to be going through alot with your other conditions which will obvioulsy make you alittle more anxious.
I wish i had a more definant answer for you are even a magic wand!!

Take care

Debs xxx

Joeturner2
15-02-10, 22:59
hey, i must say alot of them symptoms could actually be down to anxiety. CFS/ME like anxiety cannot be proved its just a diagonises that they hand out when they dont know what is wrong! i two get most of the symptoms you have mentioned, i must say that shortness of breathe is a scary one (that is one symptom that isnt linked to CFS) i also tend to get a non stop headache, and shaky all over from inside my head to my eye lids

sjr1969
16-02-10, 13:16
hi thanks for your input.

Like you say M.E/C.F.S isn't found out by tests its like what you said. So i've always been unsure of the diagnosis. but with or without the M.E i am pretty sure i have anxiety.

sarah x

DarrenG
16-02-10, 15:50
I would agree that some of your symptoms are in line with Anxiety. I personally have had most of these at some point but never all together.
Try some of the simple Anxiety techniques and see if you get any positive changes and then go from there.:bighug1:

NoPoet
16-02-10, 22:17
Hi, the items you have listed reads like a Who's Who of anxiety symptoms. So don't worry, everything is going to be fine :)

sjr1969
17-02-10, 11:53
thanks. i do appreciate your replies. Is it possible to feel the symptoms of anxiety when you arent feeling particularly anxious though? I am a very anxious person and worry and whittle alot but sometimes i get symptoms when im not that anxious.

Also does anxiety make you feel weak and tired at times?

Sometimes i feel really anxious, filled with adrenaline like im really nervous about something but there isnt anything at the time to feel like that about. is that anxiety related do you think?

sarah x

guitarpants
17-02-10, 18:45
Seems like you may have been misdiagnosed. I've had all of those symptoms at one time or another, quite a few of them all together too. Seems to be anxiety to me. Oh, and I get those symptoms without apparently feeling anxious also, that's one thing that I really struggled with, I couldn't understand it. Your symptoms couldn't be any more typical of anxiety.

sjr1969
17-02-10, 19:29
thanks. ive been wondering this for years. one of the typical things with M.E/C.F.S is that post exercise or over exertion you tend to get really bad with the symptoms. I never have really had this, well not to the extent that most sufferers do anyway.

I avoid exercise like the plague as i am scared of bringing on an episode but maybe i could? Not sure, been so many years with lack of exercise thats probably why it hurts so much to do little bouts of any kind of exertion.

Also many people with M.E/C.F.S are intolerant to alcohol. I am not a drinker at all but on the occasions in the past i have. it has not given me any bad side effects.

Also could anyone tell me if you feel generally "unwell" but nothing you can put your finger on with anxiety?

I have had this diagnosis for over 10 years now and its never been questioned just accepted. But there have been so many tiimes when ive been on this forum and others related to anxiety that ive wondered if anxiety is what i have.

sarah x

missworry
17-02-10, 19:45
Hi i suffer from anxiety and nearly all the symptons you have listed i have had at some time or another, some do come on when i dont feel i`m anxious at all but then the anxiety gets worse as i`m then worring about the sympton which makes it seem so much worse.
i`m sure people who dont have anxiety probably get some of the aches, pains etc we get but they leave it there and dont make it an issue that takes over there life, i`m afraid its a circle.
i have been to my 1st cbt therapy today which i found very helpfull as i have had anxiety since i was 16, dont know if you have considered talking to your doctor about this.
all the best i really hope you feel better soon or find away to manage it
take care xx

Jenny
17-02-10, 20:06
Hi Sarah, I have had quite a few of the symptoms you mentioned. Sometimes I find myself sitting with my shoulders hunched up into my neck, and my toes curled up it puts a strain on the whole of the body, so I tell myself 'come on relax'. Sometimes I put a relaxing CD on and just lie and listen to it. It does help.

Jenny xx

ali29
19-02-10, 22:00
I have had ALL those symptoms and still do, not all at once but a few at time!! I've put it down to anxiety. xx

sjr1969
20-02-10, 12:33
i must say i am starting to question my original diagnosis. i hope in a way it is anxiety. at least there are a few alternative things to try. with M.E there isnt really anything. i have been putting positive thoughts into my head everytime i start with my symptoms and so far so good.
i am finding the replies really reassuring and intersting so thanks so much for your replies so far.

sarah x