PDA

View Full Version : Self esteem heart :)

Neverbeensoscared
16-02-10, 00:07
At this moment in time, i am making a self esteem heart for my wall. It is going to contain some of really uplifting comments that i get from people on this site, anyone who has helped me before thankyou :) your comment is going to be on my heart and on my wall in my bedroom. :) xx

onceagain
16-02-10, 00:32
Sounds a fantastic idea... really hope it helps you ..hugs x

snowbird
16-02-10, 02:40
Hello,

I am working on looking at why my self esteem is low and beginning to find ways to increase it. I am understanding that the reasons (negative self talk) do not make sense and that I need to replace these thoughts with truthful and reasonable thoughts that make sense. In order words, my negative self talk is distorted and the healthy positive thoughts about myself are reality based and truthful. If I don't do one thing the way I want that does not mean I fail at everything. Lots of work for me to do but I believe it's possible.

A coach for Canadian athletes for the Olympics was just interviewed and said that coaches watch for signs of low self-esteem and the first thing the coaches do is to reassure the athletes that their health is the top priority. Then they find counselling fast and see what the underlying issues are and then replace with positive, truthful thoughts. I found that very interesting and enlightening.

Everyone seems to have issues with self-esteem, even the most confident people we know - they are working in the process as well.

Cognitive behaviour therapy seems to help

Littlefluffycloud
16-02-10, 02:57
I think it's a really great idea too! Someone once suggested writing positive things on my mirror in lipstick. I didn't think it was such a great idea, for one I wouldn't be able to see myself properly, and two I didn't like the thought of wasting good lippy!

I really hope it works for you. Good luck! x :)

Neverbeensoscared
16-02-10, 03:09
I created this heart about an hour and a half ago, i got my best friend to come round and she helped me out, really gave my mind something to focus on, i have not felt anxious or weird yet since doing it. Its making me feel really good about it and its basically got all the posts that people send me on this site, anything i have posted and the comments other people have gave. I might try and take a picture and put it on for others too see if thats possible. I think many people should do this, it is fun to do. We got mega loads of paint and just blended every colour possible together. It actually is amazing. It will be done by tomorrow evening and hopefully it should be up on the wall for me to read everyday with the posts ive had so far. As its half term, me and my mate have decided when i get a few more nice comments and maybe post a few more posts in the forum then we will make mini hearts with each positive post and put it up around the big heart too :) i am really pleased ive done something positive with my anxiety and it has made me feel so much better. Seriously listen to the people who are on this site because you dont know them and they dont know you and you have easier ways of believing that everything they say is true. Its good that family and friends are there but having the opinions from others in the same boat and from others who dont know you, kinda means even more :D hopefully this has helped others and i know its definatly helped me. Ive had a really nice evening and although its late, i dont care ive had a good time. :) now to try get a decent amount of sleep. No doubt anxiety will be back tomorrow. xxxxx

snowbird
16-02-10, 03:32
I meant to say in my last post that your idea of creating the heart with messages is such a wonderful and positive idea. Wow.

What about posting some photos of yourself (I am going to try this as well) of happy times when we felt really good about ourselves and want to recapture the feelings.

Thanks for the splendid idea.

Brunette
16-02-10, 10:12
This is a really good idea :)