PDA

View Full Version : Can medication delay a period?

Lissy43
16-02-10, 13:59
I had a termination just over 9 weeks ago. My last period came on day 31, the same as how they did before. It was VERY heavy, gushing etc.. for 3 days. I saw my GP last week, he said it may be normal again this month but has given me some meds to start if the flow is heavy again. I am on day 31 and no sign of aunt flow. I know they will be irregular/heavy for a while after the op, but I am wondering if all the meds I have been on for helicobacter could delay it? I have also been under alot of stress in recent weeks.

I just wish she would hurry up so I can get her out of the way.

bronte
16-02-10, 16:37
I dont no about meds delaying your period but i think its defo your hormones with all the stress and obviously the pregnancy. Please dont worry yourself they will go back to normal your bodies and mind has been under a lot of trauma both physicaly and mentally sweetheart just give it a bit of time to recover and it will :bighug1:

RosieXXX
16-02-10, 16:38
Hello Jessica,

I would say your hormonal balance will take a little while to correct after your op, which is to be expected. I don't think the medication you are taking for helicobacter would delay your period, but stress certainly can, because that can interfere with hormones. I can understand why you want to get back into a normal rhythm; try to be patient and don't worry it will sort out.

Lissy43
16-02-10, 20:21
Thanks.

I am just anxious because of how heavy it was last month. I guess I just want to get it over with.