PDA

View Full Version : New Member

flo
03-01-06, 14:30
Hi! Just thought that I would introduce myself and let you know a little about me (although I'm not that good at talking about myself [:I]). I have lived with and suffered from depression and anxiety for the past 12-ish years. I moved to a different area about 18 months ago and finally am receiving some help (other than "keep taking the tablets!!) My husband of 2 years is brilliant and supportive. I get no support whatsoever from work - this makes life even more difficult. I have just been assessed and recommended for CBT although the waiting list in this area is 2 years. I have just bought a copy of "Living with Fear"as recommeded by the CB Therapist - I'd like to know whether any of you have used this book. Did you find it of use??

Anyhow - I am enjoying my last day off but can already feel the anxiety creeping up ready for tomorrow. My New Year Resolution is to find a new job - easier said than done though - ha ha.

Hear from you soon........

trac67
03-01-06, 14:51
Hi Flo,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Tomimo
03-01-06, 14:59
Welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place for lots of friendly advice :)

Annie x

Karen
03-01-06, 15:24
Hi Flo

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get some good support and help here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
03-01-06, 15:25
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

chucklehound
03-01-06, 16:14
Hi Flo, welcome to NMP :D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

nomorepanic
03-01-06, 18:50
Hi Flo

Welcome aboard and hope you get some good support on here.

Nicola

clickaway
03-01-06, 20:18
Hiya Flo and welcome.

I feel that any decent book will help you, as part of the struggle is all about understanding and accepting all this.

Who is the CB Therapist who is recommending this - is it the same one who should you be treating you in two years time??

Meanwhile, get involved in this forum and it will all help!

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Sue K with 5
06-01-06, 01:43
Hi Flo

Welcome to NMP! I hope you dont have to wait too long for CBT because it can help many people

Take care for now

Sue with 5

scknight

EmmaJane
06-01-06, 22:47
Hi,

Welcome to the site

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.