PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux

barbn
16-02-10, 19:18
I have been having a terrible time with this - anyone else dealing with stomach issues?

sammi
16-02-10, 19:26
i have acid reflux havin a terrible time with it aswel. x

puppyskin
16-02-10, 19:28
i have a gnawing pain under ribs and sternum and i burp a lot.

barbn
16-02-10, 19:33
I haven't done any research as I DO NOT want to google (if I did, I'm sure we would all have some type of cancer)....I wonder if acid reflux can be attributed to stress/anxiety? I am keeping a diary of what I feel and how my stomach reacts - I have a Dr's appt on March 1st (just for my yearly physical)...I am going to ask my Dr.!! So far my stomach seems to act up when I am "thinking" too much!!

puppyskin
16-02-10, 19:37
doc told me anxiety can cause too much acid,and if youre in a constant state as i have been for the last 10 weeks without a days break it can cause allsorts of upset.

sammi
16-02-10, 19:40
puppyskin i was told that too. and my acid reflux as been put down to my anxiety by the doctors.

barbn
16-02-10, 19:48
I tend to believe you all - as I said, I am keeping a journal - and every time my stomach gets upset I seem to be anxious....what a vicious cycle I am in....arrgghh!

smudger
16-02-10, 20:55
My Sister suffer acid reflux with it so badly that they called an ambulance once at work! She has medication off the doc for it. She can't eat about 3 hrs before bed or drink 2 hrs before either.The doc also told her to lose weight, and not to use ibuprofen or aspirin (anti inflammatories), not to sit around a lot or wear tight close around the tummy area. He recommended to tilt the bed at the head with a book about 20 cm. She doesn't smoke but he said that won't help either! Foods and drinks that have been suspected of making symptoms worse in some people include: peppermint, tomatoes, chocolate, spicy foods, hot drinks, coffee, and alcoholic drinks. Also, avoiding large volume meals may help apparently. Are you on medication coz some can aggravate this problem also.Hope you sort it.I know how much pain she gets from it and i feel really sorry for you.

Chrissie21
16-02-10, 20:56
yes!

I was going to right the exact same post yesterday. I am suffering from daily chest pain and gnawing pains under my breast bone. I have been found positive for H pylori, which I am being treated for. ( as this may be contributing to the excess acid) so far the antibiotics havent worked at all.. I have only one more day left to take them. I am on omeprazole as well.. the doctors has told me to take gaviscon on top of all this lot and i STILL have acid reflux !

I wake up int he morning feeling like someone is standing on my chest. As soon as I start moving the burning, pressure and pain in my chest is almost unbearable...and it carries on all day until I go to sleep at night ( in an almost bolt upright position i might add)

I dont know where this all came from as 4 months ago I literally had never had heartburn in my life..

has anyone come out the other side or all this?

C

kats
18-02-10, 16:45
i to av ad acid reflux for the last 3 or 4 yr yes its lot to do with anxiety as i av that im takin omerperzole which helps but somtimes av bad days an i also av to watch what i eat or i get upset stomach

NeverRelaxed
18-02-10, 17:22
I need to arrange an endoscopy to investigate what might be going on with me..But I think its reflux...Its awful..ive had attacks of shortness of breath/wheezing..I feel like there is 'something' in my chest a lot of the time...Myabe trapped wind or soemthing...After meals or food I feel rly uncomfortable and have trouble breathing from my abdomen....Its just rly uncomfortable!!!!

maybeoneday
18-02-10, 22:59
ive just been diagnosed with acid reflux, i too get shortness of breath and a very noisy stomach on left upper side, i too suffer badly when ive eaten or eating as i get breathless itslike my stomach is tight and i cant breathe with my stomach, just wonderd if anyone else had experienced this ,