PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Advice really appreciated.

Mark801
16-02-10, 19:39
HEY guys.

So after a horrible weekend of panic attacks.

I deceided to start taking my beta blocker which is called metroprolo. its 25 mg.

Im also taking xanax which is .5 mg.

I started the xanax ever since ive been out of the hospital which is about a month now.

But ive been really scared to take the beta blocker.

I started on Monday and its really making me scared because i googled the possible side effects( heart blockage and heart failure!)

My hr is usually around 100...

but yetserday i noticed when taking my bp that my hr dropped to 84.
bp was 108/75.

But now im scared that im getting heart failure cuz i feel a little breathless when doing things and i have a tickle in my chest.

I eally would appreciate advice from anyone cuz im so naxious and the last thing i want is my hr to go over a 100.

My mom told me that i have to keep drinking the meds to get my body used to it but its only day two on the beta blocker and i already want to stop. =(

j2
16-02-10, 20:51
I am pretty sure that beta blockers lower your heart rate and your blood pressure as part of what they are suppossed to do. I know it is hard to focus now but trust me, a beta blocker isn't going to harm you. Please don't google and keep in touch.

Mark801
16-02-10, 21:17
thankyou for the reponse.

I know thats what they do but im just scared about the tickilin in the chest that im constantly feeling.

I noticed it since today and its more like a nervous buterfly feeling thats all the way to my stomach.

barbn
16-02-10, 21:54
HI!! The beta blockers are doing just what they are meant to do - slow down the heart. Try your best to take them for a couple of weeks - most side effects take that long to go away! Stay away from Dr. Google!! You are doing fine....the blockers are not going to harm you!! Keep us updated on how things are going!! ;-)