PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Of Blacking Out?

jonny_walker
16-02-10, 21:06
Has Anyone Ever Had The Feeling Of Blacking Out? But You Find It In Yourself To Fight It. Its The Most Horrible Feeling And I Allways Drive Myself To A+E When I Get It.
Jonny

pinkpiglet
16-02-10, 21:48
Oh yes! It comes hand in hand with the dizziness and light-headedness for me!! Wether I choose the fight or flight approach depends largely on my situation at the time.
If its possible I just sit back and take it head on, I let anxiety give me a good battering with this and ride it out. However, if I am in the company of others I try and fight it as I dont want to lose face in public. Does this make sense??
It aint killed me yet though n Is been trying for the past 10 years. x

Vixki
16-02-10, 22:31
I get it so many times every day. Haha sometimes it goes so far that i'm completely blind for a couple of minutes, but still completely conscious. My doc says it is low blood pressure and nothing to worry about but you can't do anything about it except keep calm.
It does get embarrasing - if it happens when I'm out with friends they freak out a bit which in turn causes me to freak out! Yeah it's really just a nuisance... But I'm also scared it will happen when I'm on some stairs or somewhere I need to be alert (it's the reason I won't learn to drive) but it hasn't yet so that's good :)