PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick intro :)

alt-indie
16-02-10, 23:13
Hey,
erm,a brief introduction then. I'm 15, I live in the UK.
I'm really quite a social person and I enjoy nights out and spending time with my boyfriend.

I have an anxiety disorder for which I take propanolol. My anxiety disorder gives me anything up to five bad panic attacks a day, which can make me ill. A lot of my anxiety stems from emetophobia, and I tend to be paranoid of becoming ill. I also suffer with depression, which I'm told is caused by either the anxiety or the propanolol, and I'm taking fluoxetine for.

I have a past history of being badly bullied because of my mental health problems, so now I work within my school for a campaign called Time to Change, I'm currently in the process of making a display to raise awareness of how common problems are.

Basically I'm on here because I feel I'm really starting to cope, but it would be nice to talk to some people with similar experiences and possibly be able to support people in a similar situation.

nomorepanic
16-02-10, 23:15
Hi alt-indie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

KK77
17-02-10, 14:24
Hi there

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time at your age but I'm glad you're taking positive steps to get better and overcome all this. Well done for that!

You'll find lots of help and support here and I hope you enjoy your stay and make some friends along the way...

Welcome to NMP

MB
17-02-10, 14:45
Hi alt-indie

Just wanted to congratulate you on your campaign.

Adolescence is a tough time. I think some of my experiences then set me up for some of the things I'm now experiencing as a 47 year old.

It may sound a little trite to say so, but you've got a lifetime ahead of you with so many wonderful choices to make (and time to make changes if the choices prove to not be the best for you).

Have a good life - people love you!

MB

Patty
17-02-10, 17:39
Hi alt-indie, :)

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)