PDA

View Full Version : Ways to build up self esteem.

Neverbeensoscared
16-02-10, 23:42
Right ive really found great ways to cope with anxiety in the space of two days, i think i need to share them with the rest of the panic world. Some of you may have read, that i made a self esteem heart. Me and my best friend Jaz decided to fill up an empty space on my wall by cutting some card into a massive heart shape, we coverd it in paint splashes like everywhere which gave me the chance to let off some steam and concentrate my mind on something else. The heart contains some of the posts people have posted to me on some of my posts. Its really boosted my confidence, and i have been quite happy ever since ive done it. Tonight i have not felt anxious as much as i would, i still feel extremly tired, but i do feel good :)

Another way i feel like i can handle my thoughts, is by sitting and cuddling something nice and happy and close to me. Sit quiet and think about the things that i feel unhappy about, try and work out when i started to feel like that, how did it make me start to feel like that and why. Sometimes writing this down, first writing the problem and then finding out when it started and why... Its good to keep like a journal or something for everytime you feel like this. Then when you feel like you have overcome it all, burn that problem.

Making a poster of happy fun times, maybe even taking pictures of yourself, but happy pictures and putting them up with a word underneith them, it kinda takes away the anxiety and puts you in the state of mind to be kind too yourself, act as if your giving yourself a break, thinking about yourself, might seem selfish but sometimes you have to do this with yourself and not with others.

these things might not work for you. theyre so small i know, but i have tried them and it seems to be working, never left your self esteem get too low, bring it back up some how. Im working on my heart still right now. Its giving me something positive to focus on :) enjoy life and try and cut out anxiety. I know i will be feeling a little anxious at the moment and maybe more later but i know that i can reduce it. Hopefully its helped. Sorry if not :) :hugs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brunette
17-02-10, 08:33
A journal is a really good idea NBSS,

I started keeping one when my panic attacks started. It helped me sort out what was going on in my life that I needed to address.