PDA

View Full Version : Been to doc about dizzyness/palps now even more scared

SamanthaAU
17-02-10, 00:48
I have been having dizzyness and palpatations for the last few months. I went to see my GP 2 weeks ago and she wanted me to wait for a few weeks and wear my glasses to see if my dizziness cleared up - which it hasn't.

Now she has given me a referral for a holter monitor. It will be 2 weeks before I can get the results back.

She also asked me if I have had a brain scan (I have but it was 18 months ago) - I didn't dare ask why. When I asked her if I had to have another one she said to wait and see what the holter said.

I am so scared now. I was expecting to go there and she just tell me its from Anxiety or whatever (which I don't think it is) but now I am terrified:weep:

Typer
17-02-10, 00:52
I could have written this myself.

I get the palps and sever dizziness - sometimes it feels like the world and me are going in different directions. At first I thought it was my glasses but both the dizzy spells and the palps appeared at the same time.

I am coming to believe it's connected to long term stress for me. I hope you find some answers soon. I hope I do

SamanthaAU
17-02-10, 00:59
Thanks.

I was just sitting here at comp and got another palp - I am so scared :(

Typer
17-02-10, 01:11
They happen to me more when at the computer, esp if I lean forward a little. Have you been to RLR's site. he would help you to understand what is happening and why, There are posts there from me and others about the palps and the dizziness

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

amandaj
17-02-10, 13:09
hi samantha dont be scared, these tests are pretty normal for us anxiety sufferers ,its really just to put our minds at rest ,drs can detect when we are anxious stressed etc try not to worry to much

amandaxx

den68
17-02-10, 18:45
try not too worry i had heart monitor, 24 hour bp monitor, mri on my brain and blood tests and they were all clear the palps and dizzyness were anxiety

SamanthaAU
18-02-10, 10:10
Thank you all so much! It is very reassuring :)

Typer - thank you for that link too, it came in handy.