PDA

View Full Version : 'womens problems'

Cell block H fan
17-02-10, 03:15
Ladies have you ever been woken by period pains?
Its 3am & about half an hour ago I woke up with stomach pains. Low down. Bit gross but been to the bathroom & my period started.
I'm a bit worried though because ive never been physically woken by period pains.
The last time I was woken by stomach pains was years ago when I had a stomach bug. I'm sat here now waiting to see if the vommitting starts. And I HATE being sick.
I'll probably not get a reply as its late.
Just wondering if anyones been woken with period pains before...

Lauz
17-02-10, 03:30
My answer is Yes.
Similar thing happened to me the other week, without fail I get mine on a Monday every month around 2pm and I can even tell when I have got it, womens intuition haha.
Anyhow this month it didn't come and around 3am in the morning I woke up and then I got the most awful pain like you described down low, I knew exactly what it was so I went to the bathroom and there it was ...

Don't be worried at all by this. It will go away, your body has just changed it's pattern of when it came this month. If you have been stressed etc that can sometimes contribute to it coming later or not on time.

Hope you can get back to sleep now.

eeyorelover
17-02-10, 03:32
Yes I have been awoke with pains from starting my period.
If you don't feel sick and you said you started then try not to worry hun.
Perhaps take some ibuprofen and see if it helps with the pain. A warm water bottle on my lower stomach or a heating pad on low setting helps me as well.
xxx
Sandy

Cell block H fan
17-02-10, 03:44
Thanks for answering, wow I thought it would only be me awake, I forget this place is world wide lol
I'm sat downstairs on my lappy. Dont really feel sick yet, have the shakes, but I think thats nerves. Pathetic isn't it! Just dont normally 'suffer' with my periods, been very lucky.
Ive actually got some Feminax pills in the cupboard, but never used them, bought them a few months ago as they were half price when I had my shopping delivered, typical for me that is LOL!
Bit scared to take them though because I haven't before. What a numpty! x

Anxious_gal
17-02-10, 04:07
heat heat heat! it's now scientifically proven heat reduces menstrual pain!
hope you feel better soon x

Cell block H fan
17-02-10, 05:40
Itsnow 5.30 & not really tired.
I dont know if I feel sick or not :O(
Keep thinking I feel queasy, but then I dont, my stomach is rumbling away like a gooden bcause its empty! But I daren't eat, & if I think about food it makes me feel queasy anyway.
Supposed to be picking my mum up at 11 as she's treating the kids to Maccy d's, but I think i'll cancel.
Dont know whats going on. If I was going to throw up, surely it would have happened by now wouldn't it? x

amandaj
17-02-10, 07:49
i can never sleep when ive got a period the pains always keep me awake , ive found the older ive got the worse it is , i have no idea how old you are but it could be this i think it happens to alot of us though please do not worry you will be fine xx

Cell block H fan
17-02-10, 08:11
i can never sleep when ive got a period the pains always keep me awake , ive found the older ive got the worse it is , i have no idea how old you are but it could be this i think it happens to alot of us though please do not worry you will be fine xx

I just said to my mum it must be my age because I haven't had it like this since I was a teen! Fell asleep for an hour or so on the sofa, feel a bit better, but wobbly tummy if that makes sense (not as in fat either lol)
Weather ive picked up a slight bug aswell is possible, but not been sick. Its not so bad once the daylight hours arrive is it. Daughter got up with a migraine, right pair today! Son is pumping out zzzzzzz & will be for hours bless him. Cancelled mum.
I'm 39 by the way.
Thanks for the replies :hugs:

Lissy43
17-02-10, 08:42
Yes I do, I get very bad af pains due to endometreosis.

This month im nervous too, my af started this morning, last month was very heavy so im tad nervous i will bleed heavy again.

Just take paracetamol and rest up, you must be tired.

Cat80
17-02-10, 10:39
I get woken regularly with period pains and have never been sick. I just take some painkillers sit up for 15 minutes to make sure I don't get indigestion and then I try and go back to sleep.

mumof4
17-02-10, 10:53
i get woken up every month with period pains i think most woman do u will be fine a nice hot bath will sort the pain out.

Cell block H fan
17-02-10, 11:22
Still feel grotty :o(
Feel quesy, but it comes & goes in waves, very strange. My chest feels weird as well, ive got allsorts going through my head now. Heart attack imminent? And I NEVER worry about heart attacks. Maybe my lifestyle is finally catching up witn me :o( booohoooo....