PDA

View Full Version : Feel Physically Ill

Hazel1
17-02-10, 13:16
Does anyone feel physically ill with anxiety. I get waves of feeling hot, as if I am going to have diarrhea, feel sick. Dont always feel as if im overly anxious at that moment but probably am as I worry about illness every minute of the day. These symptoms are just making me worse :(

KK77
17-02-10, 13:29
Yes, I've had this in the past and I understand how awful it is. Once your body becomes accustomed to the rushes of adrenaline it becomes a vicious circle and the smallest things can set it off.

If you're on meds then you have to wait for them to kick in but in the meantime there are lots of self-help therapies you could try. Have you read books by Paul McKenna, Anthony Robbins, Claire Weekes etc? Also ask your GP about CBT and counselling if you haven't already done so.

Don't let this situation carry on otherwise it'll take hold of your life and prevent you from moving forward.

Hazel1
17-02-10, 13:46
Thank you I am seeing GP again tomorrow and am going to ask to be referred to a counsellor.

Never thought about books but anything worth a try. My boys suffering now as Im so miserable.

Thank you for your reply.

barbn
17-02-10, 14:55
OMG - I am going through this right now!! My stomach is an awfull mess - I have that "getting stick" and "run to the bathroom" feeling all the time. Part of me has myself convinced I have some type of cancer that is the root of the cause. Of course it couldn't be that I am overwhlemed in my life and my anxiety is getting the best of me - of course not.....

Even though I feel like cr*p right now, I am NOT going to let this rule my life. I am going to the GP on the 1st of March for a complete physical (the yrealy thing) and a medication recheck. I am going to get through this and I will be FINE and live LONG health life!!!

In short, YES - my anxiety has made me physically sick - even when I feel good it seems to get to me some how....dirty, slimy anxiety - I hate it!!

Cat80
17-02-10, 15:57
I'm exactly the same. I will feel what I call relatively normal then suddenly oout of nowhere will feel like I am going to be sick, fidgety, breathless and a general unease.

It's awful as it can strike at anytime, even when I'm having fun

eternally optimistic
17-02-10, 16:31
Hi

I have some of the symptoms you mention, mainly the inabilty to feel full of life.

Citalopram improved this massively, not the reason for going on them, and I may start taking them for this one reason.

Good luck.