PDA

View Full Version : Feeling stupid..

luckymach
17-02-10, 20:22
:weep: Feel silly asking this but hope someone can give me sum advice, it seems really stupid, but while i was out a few weeks ago, was playing darts, love to play, i play in the local pub darts team, but while i was out just having a laugh playing darts with a few friends, all of a sudden out of the blue "panic attack", worst one i av had, so now i cant play a match, so anxious, could not play my singles match last nite, got myself in a rite state, the more people tell me well done, there worse the feeling gets, throat feels like its closing up, cant breathe!! so stupid its a game of darts, i wont give up, it wont win, but would love sum ideas of how i can stop myself becoming so anxious!!

Neverbeensoscared
17-02-10, 21:52
Chill out while your playing. You think you have to do well because people around you are prasing you, this then makes you think OH NOOO I HAVE TO DO WELL. Dont let this feeling over come your playing, as like you said its just a game of darts. Let the praising come into your brain as positive, if you feel like your under too much pressure then just take a step back. Or let others know you dont wan't to be hasseld too much whilst playing. People will get this if they understand you and your anxiety. I know the feeling as i get that feeling almost everyday when im doing things. Just remeber that if you dont win, it doesnt mean that your a loser and that its got the better of you. Remeber the comments are positives that are being put into your brain not pressure, no one is going to be upset with you if you do not win. Your ahead of the game and your in the league with anxiety. :) :hugs:

Sam xxxxxxx