PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be here

Mazzmate
17-02-10, 22:03
Hello, I'm Mazzmate. Been having a tough time recently (4 months). Woke up during the middle of the night in October and couldn't breathe, heart pounding out of my chest, in total panic. It settled eventually but 2 days later same thing happened. Thought I was dying from a serious heart complaint or something, really really scared. Couldn't get out of bed next day, trembling under my skin from waist down, and in my arms, convinced now that I had Motor Neurone Disease, which my sister died of exactly 4 years to the day of the first attack. Got to out of hours doctor, BP up in the sky, off the radar. She was wonderful, reassured me, got me in for all bloods to be taken next day at surgery, did that, still high anxiety, saw own GP few days later, all bloods negative except my under active thyroid TSH was minimally raised. Again diagnosed panic attacks and gave me 10mg Propanalol x 28 tabs to take when necessary to control pulse and heart rate. Felt much better, and when I feel good, its really good, and I think I've cracked it. Couple of days later it all starts again, back to square one, like today for example. Been lovely for 2 weeks, just starting to feel really happy and comfortable....5 a.m this morning wake up, trembling, heart pounding. The attacks I can handle, its the persisent anxiety that follows me, checking on my trembling, looking for other signs and symptoms, becoming totally neurotic these days. Never had anything like this in my life before and I'm 63 years old.

nomorepanic
17-02-10, 22:06
Hi Mazzmate

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

dulcie
17-02-10, 22:18
U are great because you can handle the attacks - got to say that i don't understand it either! I am 50 and was ill with anxiety as a very young woman and have no real reason to suffer now. I think it does happen to be something that happens in ourlives at some point and would just like to welcome you and say you are so not alone:)

Mazzmate
17-02-10, 22:25
thank you Nicola and Dulcie for the welcome. Cymru am Byth Dulcie, my ancesteral home.

dulcie
17-02-10, 22:41
live in n.wales but sadly don't speak welsh - translate plz:huh:

Mazzmate
18-02-10, 20:04
Dulcie, it just means "Wales for Ever".....or so my Mother once told me.