PDA

View Full Version : Think it's coming back again! pls help.

kfitz
17-02-10, 23:29
Hi guys,

i'm feeling a bit scared and worried as i thought i had my anxiety and panic undercontrol but seems i havent. I was put on citalopram over 4 years ago and have taken it regularly ever since. Over the past 2 weeks i havent taken any due to running out and now im ill. Ive got bad stomach cramps, cant eat, feel sick, think ive got something seriously wrong with me. Could this be the fact ive stopped taking the meds or am i ill. Im feeling scared. I went out last night and almost past out in the pub and the puked up everywhere outside. Horrible feeling.

Hope some people can help me

Katy

Yogidude
17-02-10, 23:37
Hello Katy!

When you stop any drug like these cold turkey (instantly) you will most likely experience withdrawal symptoms (abstinence). In order to control these withdrawal symptoms you should taper off the drugs slowly over several weeks. Try to get some citalopram as soon as possible, and I am sure these symptoms will dissapear.

Schedule an appointment with a doctor who can give u advice how to taper off the drug safely.

Best wishes...

kfitz
17-02-10, 23:43
Do u maybe think ive got something serious wrong with me, or is this the side affects???

onceagain
17-02-10, 23:46
Hi Katy

Sounds like withdrawal symptoms hun.. best of luck the withdrawals can be horrible it is your body readjusting x

Yogidude
17-02-10, 23:59
I am very certain that these are withdrawal symptoms, and not ur past anxiety problems coming back.

I strongly advice you to get back on the medication, and tapering it off instead. These symtpoms can lasts for months if your unlucky, considering the fact that you've used the drug for 4 years.

Good luck!