PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only please!! Problem down there :S

B-gal
17-02-10, 23:57
Hi,

This is a bit of an embarrassing issue. For the past two days I have had a lot of pain in the vaginal area. I thought I had maybe cut myself when shaving but I dont think thats it because its not where I would have been shaving. Its really sore and burny to touch and its just in one very specific spot. Its so uncomfortable and painful and almost looks like a sore of some sort. Its not raised but its very red. I really dont know what could have caused it, maybe trousers rubbing the area or something...but when I was checking myself I also found a tiny raised lump near the opening of the vagina about 2 cms from where this stingy sore bit is. It only appeared two days after this stingy started. Its like a red lump about 4mm wide and it doesnt hurt when tounched. My last sexual health check and smear was totally clear and so was my boyfriends. But I am a little worried its something sinister. Ive tried applying salt and water to the area to keep it clean but its just soo painful on the stingy sore bit. Does anyone have any advice or does anyone know what it might be? Im really worried Ive got some sort of problem in that area. Sorry if this post has been a bit explicit, but I hope some girl out there will be able to advise me on it. Thank you.

lior
18-02-10, 00:08
Right, first thing's first, don't worry. It's a very sensitive area and the flesh can get damaged easily by anything. But it also heals quite quickly.

In my personal experience, it can take about a week for sores to heal. If it's been more than a week, it's worth seeing a doctor about, just for peace of mind. If it gets much worse see the doctor too, but if it stays the same, it's not going to kill you!

You probably don't need to put salt and water on it, just make sure you shower. And by the way, you used sea salt and not table salt right?

Lastly, it's probably a tiny cut, that's the most likely thing, could have been made by anything. It's not important how it happened, just make sure it's not getting worse.

Don't worry!! In all likeliness it will go away in a few days, even if it really hurts. You can trust me on this, it happens to me every few months :)

B-gal
18-02-10, 00:39
eem no it was table.... god I never even though Ive just always put salt on a wound and not thought about it...I wont have made it worse will I ? It was just the once I did it. While I am a little bit worried about the sore , its more the bump that Im worried about now. Its like raised and red right almost in the inside of down there..... it just appeared just after the soreness started. I only know that because I was checking regularly over the last week and it just appeared. I dont think it can be anything sexually related cause I was checked like a month ago. Thanks for your help
xx

lior
18-02-10, 01:09
Did the bump come after the table salt? Table salt is caustic soda rather than sodium chloride. It burns the skin instead of cleaning it! I only just found that out yesterday, probably fate so I could pass the info onto you :) Don't do it again!! Lol!

And about the bump, it's next to the sore right? It could be the surrounding area trying to heal itself. Otherwise, it could be something totally unrelated if it's quite far away... could just be a normal thing that you've only noticed because of the sore.

Whatever it is, it's not going to kill you. As long as it clears up in a week, it really isn't something to worry about. xx

Lauz
18-02-10, 02:01
Hey,
Two similar type of things I have had which hopefully will put your mind at ease.

1. I have had this happen 2 or 3 times when a lump has appeared down there, almost appeared like a cyst pimple thing looking but little, it was a little sore to touch but after a couple of days it would go away or else would kinda pop and the stuff would come out, sorry TMI but it could be something similar.

2. I had a sore burning pain down there, mainly when having sex, I went to the doc etc got cream and it healed over time but it was probably just a little cut cause when I got the mirror and looked it was like I could see a little bit of skin missing.

The thing is, it is very sensitive down there, and if it is a cut which sounds like it probably is the constant wiping etc or even sex could irritate it and have it take longer to heal.

Just make a doc appointment if you are concerned and they may be able to give you some cream etc to help the healing process.

B-gal
18-02-10, 09:57
Hi there, Yeah the bump appeared after it became sore but its about 3 cm away from where the sore bit is. It doesnt look related although Im not sure. I think it does look like theres a bit of skin missing on the sore bit too. So I might just have irritated the skin....It is the bump Im a bit worried about. It does look like a giant pimple and its all red. But because of where it is its hard to get a proper look because its almost on the inside. Thank you for your replies, Ill keep an eye on it and if its still bad next week Ill maybe go along to the docs.
x
x