PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine Light headed/Dizzyness?

Sparkie
18-02-10, 01:42
Hi, I started taking mirtazapine 2 weeks ago, now I workout to burn off my anxious energy but have noticed when I go for my run with Sid (my dog) I get very light headed and go very dizzy. I am eating ok I drink nothing but water and lots of it and never had any troubles with it until i started taking these tablets. I don't know if this is relevent but I go for my run at night before I take my tablet and the only time I get light headed and dizzy is when I go for the run, I have changed the times up a little and it still happens.

Is there anyone else who has this problem or anyone who could offer advice on ways to avoid it happening. :shrug:

Thanks,

Sparks.

JoeKanon
18-02-10, 02:42
Hi Sparkie,

Though we're not on the same brand of anti-depressant, both of our medicines are generically tetracylic antidepressant. I, too, am on my second week of medication and I am experiencing the same side-effects. In addition to dizziness and light headedness, I also experience fatigue and sleepiness. My doctor assured me that I'll get used to the side-effects but warned me not to stop taking the medications because if I did, I will experience a real bad withdrawal symptoms.

As for your dizziness and light-headedness, try to get up slowly to avoid it. Take it easy and slowly. Don't self-medicate because tetracylic antidepressant react with other medicines. Consult your doctor -- maybe he'll give you something for it.

Be well ...

ElizabethJane
18-02-10, 07:05
Mirtazapine is an snri and not a tetracyclic. Just to put the record straight although you might be experiencing the same problems with both.

smudger
18-02-10, 09:59
Hi. I suffered light headedness n dizziness at first with mirt. It has worn off. Took about 40 plus days though.

JT69
18-02-10, 13:01
Hi Sparkie, I too have been taking mirtazipine 15mg for 2 weeks now, untill the past 3 days i found it helped to excercise, but I was doing mine in the morning to help wake me up, it did make me a feel a little light headed etc and dizzy. I'm afraid I over-did it by pushing myself (I use the treadmill) and have been unable to excercise for the past 3 days because of it. I am going to re-start on Saturday as I felt even though I didnt feel too good straight after it was actually helping me. As EJ says this AD is an SNRI and I have read through some of the threads and apparantly it takes about 4 weeks before any benefit it found, so it may just be time that you need. Good luck. Jo.

Sparkie
18-02-10, 14:09
Thanks for the replies and advice, I hope it does not take 40 days for this to stop. The odd thing is i do a hard workout mid day with weights and cardio and i really push myself hard but its only the run outside that makes me dizzy and light headed. :wacko:

Ill keep taking them and hope it improves with time as my body continues to adjust to them.

Its good to know I'm not the only one that has had this problem so thanks for posting.

Sparks.