PDA

View Full Version : Mediation - does it work?

pfidelus
03-01-06, 21:56
Have you used mediation to combat anxaiety, panic attacks, depression. Does it really work? I have started doing it few days ago for 10 min every day and not sure of when to expect results? Did it work for you? Can you recommend any places/sites to learn more about this subject?

Meg
03-01-06, 22:20
http://www.meditationsociety.com/what.html

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Shadowwin
04-01-06, 00:50
Does Meditation work?
My Answer to this is yes it does...at least it has for me..

The therapist I chose to see out of a long list actually works alot with guided meditation and centering at first I will admit I was skeptical but after 5 weeks I sing the praises of it lol.

It's nice to be able to stop and attack cold by just sitting closing my eyes and imagining a relaxing place.. or turn on my guided meditation CD and find myself feeling as if everything is right with the world.. it truly does help you to relax and I enjoy it immensly.

I just want to give fair warning for some people when you first start meditation it can't feel really strange especially if you aren't used to relaxing or lead a high stress life.

Good Luck to You
I hope this helps some

Blessings Talia