PDA

View Full Version : I.B.S grrrrrrr what have I eaten now...

Cell block H fan
18-02-10, 19:32
Was real rough yesterday with the first day of my period, the pain woke me at 3am yesterday morning, I spent most the day lazing in bed feeling quite pukey, last night I felt like I had an elephant sat on my chest. Wasn't a good day at all, was thinking allsorts.
Felt better when I woke this morning. Even though I woke at 3am again last night, thinking my leg hurt for some bizarre reason then wondering if I had swollen legs. Crazy.
Anyway the last hour or so I have the worst bubbly belly, little explosions going off, fireworks display going on in there I think! And wind! Not like me that.
Only had 4 pieces of toast yesterday as I was right off food.
All ive had today is ....
Cup of tea.
2 pieces of weight watchers toast with low fat spread
Packet of low fat ready salted crisps
3 pieces of Tops pizza garlic & cheese pizza bread (french bread style)
And a cadburys caramel chocolate bar.
Cup of mint skinny cow
Glass of cherry aid.
All throughout the day, not in one go lol
Whats triggered the tummy from that lot please?
x

nomorepanic
18-02-10, 19:41
I would say the garlic and the cherry aid

Cell block H fan
18-02-10, 19:47
I would say the garlic and the cherry aid

Oh I love garlic :sad:
Haven't had cherry aid for a while either, so maybe the combo wasn't the best idea x

nomorepanic
18-02-10, 19:55
Well I am only guessing with the garlic but I was thinking about it repeating on you and I know fizzy drinks are bad for IBS

Cell block H fan
18-02-10, 22:42
I keep getting stomach cramps now, coming & going, right across my belly under my ribs. Whats going on with me this week. Its my week off work too. That sucks :lac:

beanie
18-02-10, 22:47
Yup fizzy drinks set me off really badly, and although I love garlic it sets me off too so I suspect those are your culprits! They give me terrible cramps, the fizzy drinks in particular and sometimes I get doubled over in agony with needle-stab pains that stop me completely in my tracks and I just have to curl up in a ball and cry until they go away. Damn my love of Coke! I've really just had to completely cut it out.

Cell block H fan
18-02-10, 22:54
Yup fizzy drinks set me off really badly, and although I love garlic it sets me off too so I suspect those are your culprits! They give me terrible cramps, the fizzy drinks in particular and sometimes I get doubled over in agony with needle-stab pains that stop me completely in my tracks and I just have to curl up in a ball and cry until they go away. Damn my love of Coke! I've really just had to completely cut it out.

I can normally drink diet coke, have about 6 cans a week? Dont know what it is, real weeeeird

unspoken
18-02-10, 23:03
If it was me and I ate that, it'd be:

- garlic and cheese pizza bread
- caramel chocolate bar
- mint skinny cow drink
- cherry ade

Animal fats (cheese, chocolate), garlic, mint, fizzy drinks and artificial sweeteners (skinny cow) all set off my IBS.

I find start of period to be the worst time as well. Drink plenty of water, eat small amounts, eat simple low fat foods and no fizzy drinks. Have you tried a hot water bottle on your stomach? I find this helps.

Cell block H fan
18-02-10, 23:13
If it was me and I ate that, it'd be:

- garlic and cheese pizza bread
- caramel chocolate bar
- mint skinny cow drink
- cherry ade

Animal fats (cheese, chocolate), garlic, mint, fizzy drinks and artificial sweeteners (skinny cow) all set off my IBS.

I find start of period to be the worst time as well. Drink plenty of water, eat small amounts, eat simple low fat foods and no fizzy drinks. Have you tried a hot water bottle on your stomach? I find this helps.

Do you get the mega stomach cramps too? I keep stretching myself straight because ive been sat scrunched up the last couple of days with the laptop on my lap most the time, as i'm off work this week & felt so rough yesterday. It seems to ease off a bit when I straighten up. Maybe its being imobile thats not helped.

Cell block H fan
19-02-10, 00:00
This is actually really horrible, it keeps coming & going in waves. All over the middle of my abdomen. I hope it doesn't go on all night I wont be doing any sleeping if it does. I think this is what woke me up the night before last, only not quite as bad.
Its so painful it makes me feel sick. I'm sure its trapped wind, I keep burping, but I think its mostly the other end & no sign of that! lol The only relief i'm getting is being on my knees leaning on my bed typing this...
I so need to sort my diet out, thats it now!