PDA

View Full Version : scared to take my valium with codeine please help

loulouham
18-02-10, 20:37
Wondering if anyone can help...have been prescribed 2mg Valium for anxiety...feeling on the verge of major panic attack (throat closing, faint etc etc) but took 16mg codeine hour ago...can I take Valium also? Also my panic attacks happen when I'm away from major stresses of work, had day off today & have felt panic closing in all day...does anyone else find this happens? Any support gratefully received X

Anxious_gal
18-02-10, 20:40
no you can't, they are both sedative effects, and they interact with each other.

Hendo
19-02-10, 10:06
Hi i used to take my valium 10mg with 60mg codeine together and i didnt have any problems although they can both make you a little drowzy my GP said it was fine.Hope this helped a little.

gypsywomen
19-02-10, 10:40
it can make you drowsy but 2 mg will not harm

Desprate Dan
19-02-10, 22:19
Is Valium the same as diazepam??

suzy-sue
19-02-10, 22:27
Yes Dan ,Valium is the brand name for Diazepam .Sue x

Anxious_gal
20-02-10, 01:54
oh sorry for the wrong advice!

Typer
20-02-10, 10:37
As the others have said, you can take both but yes, you may feel more drowsy.

Sounds like 2mg of diazepam would help the panic and allow you to see the world through calmer eyes.

I don't advocate taking them for long periods - but I think everyone who has panic should be geiven a few days worth at least so that they can experience life as it was and see things with less fear and for a break

gypsywomen
20-02-10, 11:06
As the others have said, you can take both but yes, you may feel more drowsy.

Sounds like 2mg of diazepam would help the panic and allow you to see the world through calmer eyes.

I don't advocate taking them for long periods - but I think everyone who has panic should be geiven a few days worth at least so that they can experience life as it was and see things with less fear and for a breakgood advice
:yesyes::yesyes:

loulouham
20-02-10, 23:35
Thanks for all the advice...took the valium and started to feel better, will try not to mix the two in future though as did feel drowsy...find 2mg valium really does help...even though it's a low dose maybe it's just a prop but it does help the symptoms pass a little quicker...anything that helps in the short term is good...thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply XXX