PDA

View Full Version : please help

daisycake
18-02-10, 21:21
Im utterly convinced something bad is going to happen. I've had 3 bottles of juice tonight (3 x 375 ml) and I'm now convinced I'm going to die of water overdose.. it might have been 4 but i doubt it - and a bottle of water at lunch (500 ml) .. I'm also convinced Im going to get an air embolism. and vulval cancer. please help someone. im so scared. i rang nhs24 and my doctor earlier and neither wanted to know. im so frightened.

bronte
18-02-10, 21:27
i dont think you can die of a water overdose if so i would have cos i drink loads and what makes you think your gonna have an air embolism and vulval cancer

daisycake
18-02-10, 21:30
:blush: air embolism - it sounds ridiculous but ages ago I was told if you get air inside you at all it can kill you and that can be caused by forcing water inside yourself - hence when I sat down in bath tonight I panicked.. on writing it down it seems daft
um the other one; because I have lots of weird lumpy bits that have never healed (appeared around July time).. I know I'm being silly..

bronte
18-02-10, 21:35
if thats how you get an air enbolism i think they would be a health warning to women saying get in the bath with your legs closed lol no i dont think your being silly just over anxious and have you seen a doctor with your lumpy bits

daisycake
18-02-10, 21:39
em yeah I have - 4 :blush: and they've all but one said there was nothing there, although one agreed that maybe they should refer me to gynae to see since it is a bitty swollen. just seems to be one thing after another tonight, the water one is terrifying though. will have to sleep with my door open tonight I think lol.

bronte
18-02-10, 21:45
:yesyes:i think our ladies bits can appear a bit lumpy and bumpy admit it there not pretty are they if the other doctor couldnt see anything then its all normal and as for the water yes sleep with the door open cos extra trips to the loo will be your only side effect dont worry :yesyes:

LaNae
18-02-10, 22:17
It's a shame your doc didn't want to know. They should ease our fears and notice anxiety.

I am scared to tell my doc about my health anxiety because I feel they won't take me seriously anymore, and what if one day I was right? They would just think I was having a 'moment'.

Rachel W
19-02-10, 11:47
"The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition."

Three or four drinks over lunch and then the evening would not do it.... you are fine (as you know by the time you read this!!!).

Also, an air embolism cannot occur from drinking quickly. It is caused by an air bubble entering a vein or artery, either by syringe or surgery (and the latter is difficult as blood pressure is greater than air pressure). Brain surgery apparently holds the most risk of this.

I know how fear can grip you and make everything seem like a real possibility, but I promise you that you are fine!

Hope you feel better by the time you read this.

Bless.