PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Sar
19-02-10, 01:51
Hi
I'm Sarah. I'm 35, and have suffered with panic attacks/anxiety for many years. It's not constant, but I have occasions where an issue becomes far too much for me. I can't eat or sleep, have palpitations , violent shaking, diarrhea, and nausea. It lasts for a few days. During this time the lack of sleep and food makes it worse.
The original issue gets blown out of all proportion, until I just can't think straight about it, and I feel like I'm losing control.

I'm suffering an episode at the moment, but I'm also 22 weeks pregnant with my second child, and am giving myself the added worry that I'm causing problems for my unborn child
Sarah

nomorepanic
19-02-10, 01:56
Hi Sar

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
19-02-10, 11:09
Hi and welcome to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive :welcome: Paige x

Sar
19-02-10, 21:33
Thanks so much you two. I'm not having a great day really. I've been out all day trying to distract myself, but it's evening again and I can feel myself losing it again now.
I phoned the midwife today, and she's told me she's going to refer me to the Motherhood Mental Health unit. As an emergency, but not to expect anything until early next week. So I've got a long weekend ahead of me. :(

Typer
20-02-10, 10:56
Oh I hope they can help you. Bless your heart it sounds like you are having a bad time. It can get and will be okay.

Welcome aboard