PDA

View Full Version : thinking it's something serious ! help me rationalize !

Andromeda
19-02-10, 02:44
Hello all , haven't posted in a while ! i've been dealing with things pretty well over the past two weeks , back on the meds , managed to get back into uni properly today , and been living in student accomm on my own again for these past few weeks !

have been coping with my anxiety well by just telling myself it's nothing .
even managed to face my fear of hospitaly stuff last week as we had to take my friend to a&e and sit there waiting for her for hours as she had alcohol poisoning .

everythings ok but now tonight for no reason i'm completely on edge , i just don't feel right .
my eyes are all funny and cloudy .
i was just drifty off before when my head started to feel really airy ? i don't know how to describe it :-/ it was like a rush of hot air in my head , then my body just felt really numb , my heart went all fluttery and i had a sort of jolt - it wasn't a full body jolt , just like my chest !
then i went straight into the bathroom and my pupils were really small and not reacting to the strong light in the bathroom .
i'm so scared it was a seizure or something serious

i sound ridiculous but i've been doing so well , i don't want to freak out tonight :weep:
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :weep:

hope everyone is well

XX

LisaLisa
19-02-10, 12:36
[QUOTE=Andromeda;620090]Hello all , haven't posted in a while ! i've been dealing with things pretty well over the past two weeks , back on the meds , managed to get back into uni properly today , and been living in student accomm on my own again for these past few weeks !

Thats a big deal going back to uni...well done. But it is also veru stressfull so totally normal for you to feel a bit of anxiety temporarily return.

have been coping with my anxiety well by just telling myself it's nothing .
even managed to face my fear of hospitaly stuff last week as we had to take my friend to a&e and sit there waiting for her for hours as she had alcohol poisoning .
Thats good too, your right to tell yourself its nothing but anxiety

everythings ok but now tonight for no reason i'm completely on edge , i just don't feel right . Your adrenaline is going mental becuae you have gon back to uni ahve just come through lots of anxiety to get back there, your at uni full stop...stress of stydying and your friend had alcohol poisoning...!!! Thats not fun at all, and whats more you had to take them there to get them help in a place that made you nervous anyway......if this didnt have an impact on your emotions then you would be plain weird!!lol

my eyes are all funny and cloudy .
i was just drifty off before when my head started to feel really airy ? i don't know how to describe it :-/ it was like a rush of hot air in my head , then my body just felt really numb , my heart went all fluttery and i had a sort of jolt - it wasn't a full body jolt , just like my chest !
then i went straight into the bathroom and my pupils were really small and not reacting to the strong light in the bathroom .
i'm so scared it was a seizure or something serious - sounds like a rush of adrenaline or someonther weird and wonderfull stress hormone reaction...and lets face it they feel different to everyone depending on your worries, your fears your knowledge god knows how many factors!!

Something serious? Would you be on here asking? No im sure you wouldnt be able to. You have focussed very closely on your bodily sensations during this whole experience and that whole inward foccussed behaviour gives this away as just an anxiety attack. Checking the size of your pupils and seeing that they are tiny? A sure sign of anxiety both checking them and the fact there arent dilated....adrenaline does this. Its natures design to help you see close up to protect yourself.
i sound ridiculous but i've been doing so well , i don't want to freak out tonight :weep:
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :weep:
Its not ridiculous its normal when your under stress and suffer from anxiety. Give yourself a big cuddle for your scarey experience and then go out and spend time laughing with friends.

Lisa
xxx:hugs:

looking4answers
20-02-10, 01:38
Quit looking for things to be wrong..easier said than done I know but if its not broken don't fix it..

looking4answers
20-02-10, 01:39
By the way ,from going to sleep at night all during the night and waking in the morning till time I go back to bed. I have literally thousands of weird not feeling right feelings..I could give you a list here but then if I did you would dose off and then you would think you passed out thus giving you another weird feeling :-) You will be fine.. Michael

Ronaldo10
20-02-10, 12:02
From what i understand in the things you tell, maybe you have bad past experienced while in Uni in the past. Maybe a trauma or feared that you didn't notice. Maybe it imposed a great risk in your health. Try to see a professional attention, i think it is not just a simple anxiety like what you said.