PDA

View Full Version : Large Meal - Junk food cause symptoms?

prioryguy
19-02-10, 06:19
I got home late from work last night, was supposed to go to restarant for food but being Bath on a thursday night parking was an issue so packed that idea in and went Mcdonalds.. I know, i can hear you saying it already...
Anyway had that, went to bed at 10, woke up at 11 with chest pain and shortness of breath. Had a drink of water and tried to get back to sleep telling myself it was just the sugar / bloatedness of it all.
Woke up before my alarm was due to go off, still feeling bloated and a shortness of breath.. Turned on the PC and read a bit of this site to try and sort my breathing out, this worked. But Still cant help but feel that the feelings i had last night were due to heart issues. Excess food in stomach causing the drain, heart not able to deal with it hence chest pains. ive been to ER & dr and they say heart is fine, but i dont see how xray, CT scan and listening to it can be fully conclusive. Can it?

KK77
19-02-10, 20:53
We've all done it with the junk food... Don't worry - once in a while it's OK!

It probably gave you indigestion/heartburn etc which can cause chest discomfort. That along with your anxiety sounds the likely culprit (oh, not forgetting the McDs of course).

I'm sure the doctors would know from your symptoms whether it was something serious so don't let it play on your mind.

Just avoid the junk food late at night...