PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol after effects

insaneone
19-02-10, 10:31
I started to take these yestoday i had 1 40mg tab and omg the come down (couldnt think of another way to explain) was horid i felt worse than i do when i have anxiety issues it wore off after about 5hours and i felt so ruff i dont really want to take it again today i felt as if i had no slept for about 3days and well the effects of lack of sleep are nasty as it is. I was sat around the table last night eating dinner and started to feel panicd was very hard for me as i know i have no need to panic around family and my partner then i come back upstairs and was fine not a problem besides feeling groggy due to tablet worn off.
Anybody else experience the effects when the tablets ware off?

gypsywomen
19-02-10, 11:16
if it makes you feel like this maybe a lower dose 10 mg would be better hve a word with your docter

insaneone
20-02-10, 11:16
i took it again yestoday and not only did the tablet have no after effects i dont even think it worked at all lol taken another just and going to venture out to busy shopping mall were my anxiety really kicks in just to see if it is working as i havent being in situation were it would happen since started to take them.........
Went to shops omg i felt worse than i normaly do going to them shops i was ok untill there was a few people around went to go into a shop panicd and steped back from door went cash machine and walked back starting to have trouble breathing and going shakey and it felt like everybody was watching me seriously why duz the 1st tablet work so well and others have no effect i thought i was geting somewere oviously not

moomintroll
18-03-10, 12:38
I started to take these yestoday i had 1 40mg tab and omg the come down (couldnt think of another way to explain) was horid i felt worse than i do when i have anxiety issues it wore off after about 5hours and i felt so ruff i dont really want to take it again today i felt as if i had no slept for about 3days and well the effects of lack of sleep are nasty as it is. I was sat around the table last night eating dinner and started to feel panicd was very hard for me as i know i have no need to panic around family and my partner then i come back upstairs and was fine not a problem besides feeling groggy due to tablet worn off.
Anybody else experience the effects when the tablets ware off?

thats weird as one of the things i was worried about was what would happen when i stopped taking it, my doctor told me that its a tablet that you can take and be okay as it only stays in your system for a short period of time as they are not addictive, my doctor said its okay if i do not feel the need to take them everyday as there will be no withdrawel from them, i am on a 40mg course which i have just started, my dad has been on them for years and has forgotton to take them on occassion and has never had the effect you describe

i am not sure how to help, i do know there are some side effects that will happen in the first few days, but these will wear off and tiredness is one them

i would recommed speaking to your doctor, betablockers only help the physical symptoms of anxiety they do not help with the mental issues of anxiety, i hope your doctor explained that

:hugs: