PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin/lyrica

joy
19-02-10, 12:25
just been prescribed this 50mg 3 times a day. any comments, advice please. for example how long does it take to work on anxiety I assume its not instant

Joy

KK77
19-02-10, 17:35
I've been on it about 7 months now. I think it's excellent for anxiety, although I was prescribed it for another purpose.

It doesn't take weeks to work like ADs. You should notice the benefits in a week or so - very much like diazepam.

I had terrible dizziness with it for the first couple of weeks but I was on a high dose of 600mg. I've reduced it to half now.

Good luck with it anyway.

BexieB
19-02-10, 19:04
Hi Joy

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your new meds. I've everything crossed for you...i know you've been through the mill with your meds.

Sending you love and hugs
Bexie xx :)

joy
19-02-10, 20:30
Thanks bexie, How are you doing?

Also thank s

mel for your answer

love joy

BexieB
19-02-10, 21:23
Hi Joy

I'm pretty up and down...no miracles on the seroxat (14 weeks now), so i feel your frustration about meds not working. I'll get a good week, then things go belly up for weeks. Psych will probably change meds on next visit (Effexor or Agomelatine). Did you ever try Effexor?..I know you've tried most meds. Take care Joy...my thoughts are with you:flowers:

Hugs....Bexie

joy
20-02-10, 10:51
tried effexor made anxiety worse sorry to say as agomeltine \\I;m (file://\\I;m) obviously a hopeless case

Love Joy

KK77
21-02-10, 17:27
tried effexor made anxiety worse sorry to say as agomeltine \\I;m (file://%5C%5CI;m) obviously a hopeless case

Love Joy

I'm sure you're not Joy. I've read a lot of positive reviews about pregabalin and it's very important to find the right dose for you - so don't give up. I hope this one makes a difference and benefits you.

It's helped me more than any other med...

joy
23-02-10, 10:45
so far its not working and the side effects have been bad. extreme exhaustion feeling ill, no reduction in the anxiety so i'm fe3d up thought it worked instantly.

\joy

KK77
24-02-10, 14:23
Not "instantly", but it should start to help in a few weeks max. Also your dose will need to be adjusted so speak to your doc. You should look to increase to 300mg a day - anything below that may not be enough (bearing in mind that 600mg is the max).

I know it's very frustrating but give it a chance, Joy, and let us know how you get on.

joy
25-02-10, 13:10
doc said he may increase the dose next week if the low dose hasnt helped.

joy

SueBut
10-03-10, 12:43
Hi Joy - can you tell me how you are getting on with the Pregabalin? I started taking it a week ago - 75mg x2 daily - I have just started to benefit from it, anxiety is definately down however feeling drunk and in a daze. Am worried if doctor increases dosage the side effects will double? Would love to hear how you are getting on with it now?

joy
11-03-10, 11:05
I'm not doing very well sadly increased dosage to 200mg last week. feel shaky and poorly most of the time, waiting for shrink to ring to say what next. Sometimes I think the anxiety is better but still get waves of it at times

Joy

sarah jayne
11-03-10, 14:15
im afraid it didnt work for me either. I was prescribed it for pain and anxiety but it made me have chest pains which of course made me more anxious so i stopped taking it. I seem to havebad reactions to everything :weep:

SueBut
23-03-10, 13:51
Does anyone know if it helps to increase the dose? I am on 150mg daily, been taking it for 3 weeks - at first I just felt a little drowsy and had a noticeable affect on my anxiety however 3 weeks on and I have started feeling nauseous, slightly anxious and drunk. Is it time to increase the dosage or come off it? Any help would be really appreciated.