PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Efexor XR75 Venlafaxina

nicki
04-01-06, 12:26
Hi
Been to the docs re my anxiety and she has prescribed Efexor XR75 Venlafaxina (75mg) one a day.
Has anyone else been on these, if so are they good? How long does it take for them to kick in?
Do they help with lack of sleep?

Thanks
Nicki

RobyBaggio18
04-01-06, 13:33
Im on these 75mg a day, although not a cure they give you a bit of a boost. They took about 4-6 weeks to be fully effective. The side effects only last for a few days, take it before you go to bed and you'll hardly feel them.

They raise your serotonin levels, this will help with lack of sleep.

Have you tried anything else to help you sleep?

Mark

sillymoo
04-01-06, 14:26
hi there ive been on these tablets they worked really well for me.they say it can take up to 6 weeks for them to kick in but it differs from person to person.hope they work just as well for you to take care and keep smilin:D
love mooxXx

freakedout
04-01-06, 14:32
Hi Nicki,

I was wondering about geting these tablets prescribed myself recently. My husband has tried several different anti-depressants over the years and swears by Efexor. I am not sure about the effects they would have for panic and anxiety as he takes them for his depression.

I shall follow your replies to this posting, and wish you luck with your medication.

nicki
04-01-06, 14:47
Thanks for all your replys.
It sounds as if these are ok.
Re Mark's question about "trying anything for sleeping" yes I use lavender on my pillow, relaxing music and drinking milk before bed.

Thanks again everyone.
Nicki

x

al_gnu
07-11-08, 15:51
i found theses amazing...i had `prevously been on anafranil and they did nothing at all..these pills apparently work in aslightly different way..found them gr8 for sleep...and indeed one side effect is drowsines in some people...so caught up on about 2 yrs worht of sleep in a month!
a
:yesyes: