PDA

View Full Version : coccyx and lower back pain

bronte
19-02-10, 14:49
hi does anyone suffer from lower back that goes right in to thier coccyx and even back passage i have been to the doctors on a number of times and they say its tension in my pelvis its a dragging tight pain in my lower back and a burning pain in my coccyx and back passage its so bad sometimes i cant sit for long i dread long car journeys anyone suffer with this

Horse
19-02-10, 17:24
I did have this sometime ago. It was most uncomfortabe to say the least! I was told that mine was caused by the coccyx putting pressure on the muscles in that area. You can buy a speciall cushion specifically for that problem, try google. In the end it went but did take some while.

pinkpiglet
19-02-10, 17:38
Hi Bronte! Your post made me chuckle (at myself!) as I too posted about this same thing some time ago. However... I was very stressed, posted the thread urgently without checking my spelling and doing no research that I spelt Coccyx as Cock sit!!! LOL:roflmao:.

But yeah, I get this quite often, on and off!!

I have never really bothered my GP with this as I am certain he gets so fed up with my list of many that I tend to leave some things to fester in my own mind.

Its such a dull ache that I experience and can sometimes knock me sick!

I am glad for your post as it will help me too and i hope its comforting to know you are not alone THANKS x

ElizabethJane
19-02-10, 17:56
I have a damaged coccyx which means it never really tucks in when I sit down and can cause a lot of pain. I have recently seen a cranial osteopath who has helped me immensely. He practices osteopathy as well as cradling my coccyx in his hands. I have felt trendous heat from this as well as a healing sensation. I know it sounds weird but it does work. He does all the usual manipulation too.

bronte
19-02-10, 18:18
thanks for the replies and yes Pinkpiglet it does thanks Horse im wandering if its my coccyx that is pressing on the muscles in that area and making them spasm and burn im gonna look out for one of them cushions too .