PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham Comedy Night Sun 29th Jan?

Trev
04-01-06, 12:37
Well, at last, I've finally got my act together!!!! After agreeing at the last midlands meet up to sort a night out in Nottingham I have this to suggest......

I have had a look on the "Just The Tonic" site and it seemed to me this may be the best option.......Sunday the 29th Jan??? Should give enough time for people to see this, to decide about it and to book. I'm assuming there are plenty of tickets at the moment but I haven't spoken to them yet. I will do if I get enough immediate interest. Link :

http://www.justthetonic.com/index.php?id_page=49&id_language=1&id_gig=2756

If people are interested then please post asap and if we get enough definites we can start booking. Hope that lots of you are up for it.

Cheers,
Trev :D[^]:D

Piglet
04-01-06, 12:52
Hi mate,

Nice to see you're back did you have a lovely Xmas etc??

Make sure you all take some photos of the planned meet for the rest of us poor dudes left behind.

Piglet :D

Trev
04-01-06, 13:09
Hiya Piglet,

very good thanks. Xmas quietish and New Year not!! Good fun though. How about yours? Did you get plenty of ammo in your presents? :D

Cheers,
Trev :D

Lottie32
14-01-06, 21:04
Having said I'll go, I do hope that we haven't got tickets at the front!!!!!!

Is it possible to book tickets at the back out of the acerbic wit of the comedian????

I certainly hope so!

Looking forward to seeing you and Jan (and everybody else who may turn up) again.!!!

Charlie

Nemesis - Rita QofS I JFDI'd THEM!!!!!!

Trev
15-01-06, 17:36
Hi Charlie,

they said your seat was right at the front and in the middle of the stage with it's own spotlight on it!! Sorry, nothing I could do. ;)[}:)]

No, seriously, it's free seating. The only way to ensure we are all well out of the firing line is to get there early and beat the queue of others trying to do the same! Maybe we could set up a tent outside the day before and take turns to man it overnight?? [8D]

Look forward to catching up with you again.

Cheers,
Trev

Lottie32
17-01-06, 20:52
****E!!!

You ***/-/-/**--

I don;t do early. Oh my god. I'm going to be at the front.

Will somebody PLEASE save me a place??????????

Charlie

Trev
18-01-06, 22:57
Don't worry Charlie, we'll get you sorted. I have no intention of being anywhere near the front if I can help it. Better pack my picnic!! :D

Is anyone else thinking of coming just so as I know? It hasn't met with massive response on the board [:I] but I've had a few PM's confirming. So far there's about 6 or 7 definites I think (lol....that doesn't read very well but you know what I mean! :D).

Cheers,

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 22:58
Trev

Sorry but I can't make it, hope u have a fab time

Nicola

Trev
18-01-06, 23:03
Hi Nic,

that's a pity but no worries. I hope you (and Alex) are well and had a good time over xmas and New Year.

Take care,
Trev x

nomorepanic
19-01-06, 18:07
We are both fine thanks Trev and hope you are too.
xx

Nicola

Trev
23-01-06, 11:56
I seem to be doing alright thanks Nic.

As for the meet on Sunday night, I take it that nobody else is considering it judging by the response. If so, I'll liaise with Meg and make sure I have enough tickets for those that are coming.

If anyone would like to come but is being held back by worries about getting there etc. then I will do what I can to help. I live in Nottingham and could pick people up etc if it makes the difference between coming or not. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Trev

Jenny
27-01-06, 10:26
Hi Trev,
I hope you all have a good night. I wish I could pluck up the courage to come. Not soooo many years ago I used to hop on a bus and go shopping in Nottingham. (It is about 10 miles away from me) I love a good laugh. I have never lost my sense of humour through all this, just all confidence.

Enjoy the evening.

Jenny xxxxx

Trev
27-01-06, 15:45
Thanks Jenny. Maybe next time you might be up to it.

All the best,

Meg
30-01-06, 05:28
Many thanks for arranging this Trev.

I had a great evening and thoroughly enjoyed the several different acts.

Love

Meg

Trev
30-01-06, 12:08
Hi Meg. It was a pleasure. Great to catch up with you all again. The highlight for me has to be a certain member of our party scaring the compere into submission!! :D

All the very best,
Cheers,

Piglet
30-01-06, 12:59
......and I bet we all know who that was (cough cough lottie cough) :D

Glad you all had a good time - any photos this time????

Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
30-01-06, 15:41
No photos Piglet- sorry. Too dark but truthfully I didn't even think of it

Trev, Charlie, Gary and I had a really very lovely chill out time chatting amongst ourselves and taunting the compere and laughing at the 3 acts plus compere who was very good but had no control.

Charlie is totally innocent .

Love

Meg

Piglet
30-01-06, 17:23
:D:D:D:D:D:D whatever!!!! Lets hear your version Charlie[:O]:D

Piglet xxx

Cookie
30-01-06, 18:31
Hope you all had a good time guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. Was supposed to be going away this weekend for the fellas birthday but been poorly again. Just when you think you're on top of your anxiety it rears up its ugly head again doesn't it?!!!
Anyway, hope you all enjoyed it. I shall hopefully make the next meet-up. Take care all.

Shell.x

Lottie32
04-02-06, 12:39
Actually I was very well behaved. I turned up on time (although not too happy at having to wait on a street corner for the others in the middle of Notts). There is a reason why I'm usually late LOL.

It was a really chill night. Trev and I were both a lot better, and for once, it felt like a night out for normal people, not recovering mads!

The compere tried to get us to move to the front and a certain person who shall remain nameless (Meg) told him that under no circumstances would we be moving. And faced with the prospect, we'd walk out!

That shut him up, although it didn't stop him from picking on Vincent (Gary), who handled things VERY well.

All in all I had a very good night out, and THANK YOU Trev for suggesting and organising it. DEFINITELY want to do it again, and very pleased that felt very comfortable being there. In fact at one point, felt so "normal" I nearly shouted a response out! (But only nearly)

Cookie - so sorry you're not feeling too hot at the minute. It was a shame you couldn't make it, you'd have enjoyed it too! Have you got the broadband connection sorted yet? Drop me a line if you fancy meeting up. And remember - and I speak from experience - it is usual to have some wibbles on the road to recovery, so try not to worry too much hun. I've got to have somebody to go on Rita with (it was shut when I went in September)

Love

Charlie

candi_boo_kisses
04-02-06, 21:49
[:O] i joined too late :( im from Nottingham aswell well hopefully it will be in Nottingham again soon, a meet i mean hehe
luv candi xx

-x- If you dont live for something, you die for nothing -x-

Trev
06-02-06, 19:38
Hi Charlie, a good account of events.
Candi, I'll organise another one if people are up for it sometime soonish.

Cheers,
Trev

Lottie32
09-02-06, 15:26
If I say sort something now will that prompt you do get something sorted for this year!!!! LOL ha ha ha

Please promise to sort another night out Trev. Apart from the late night it was great! x

Charlie

Trev
09-02-06, 15:54
Oooooh, you're sooooooo cheeky.......but I like you! :D

Right, point taken. I'll get my proverbial in gear and see what looks good in the next few weeks. I know just the seat for you Charlie!!!! [}:)][}:)]
I can see comics diving for cover when they see "Vince The Don" walking back through the doors. Kneecaps will be shaking.........before they are removed!

Watch this space.........but not for too long! :D

Cheers,

Lottie32
12-02-06, 17:55
Hint?

Me?

LOL

Charlie