PDA

View Full Version : Terrified about going out tommorrow!!!!!

ali29
19-02-10, 21:54
My anxiety and panic attacks are coming back again with a vengence i think...i have to go out quite a bit tommorrow and my worse nightmare a night out around town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm terrified, my daughters have a party to go to tommorrow morning and they are only young 2 and 9 months therefore 2 hours at a party is hard work, so i am terrified i will feel ill, faint, get a headache etc.
Then my son has a party in the afternoon which again i am terrified of going to and in the evening for a friends birthday a night around town has been arranged, my worst nightmare crowded pubs, having to stand around i always think i am going to faint or be sick in public.
Therefore the last time i went out like this i drank so much to calm my nerves ended up being sooooooooo drunk i was just embarassing!!!

looking4answers
20-02-10, 01:22
It will be ok.. Many of a time I have felt that way..going out to do groceries and other errands and even today having to wait in a long line at the post office..I was ready to panic but I got over it..Im home now and still dont feel that well but I think ill be ok..We are moving 1000 miles in about a month back to where I grew up..There is a part of me that is thrilled and can't wait to be there but then there is a part of me that is scared and anxious especially about traveling again.. I know exactly what you mean.. Michael

Typer
20-02-10, 01:24
If you have read Claire Weeks book - she would maybe say this fear is memory - that is you remember feeling ill out and imagine you will again...this can then become a kind of self fulfilling prophecy.

Hope you manage to go and know that you will survive all of it. Take care

Anxious_gal
20-02-10, 02:11
I have to go out tomorrow night and it's a Saturday night!
I have to go to dinner an then to the pub for my friends birthday.
Think I will take a sedative for that!
I hate the dark,noise, crowds......
It's helps me to know that I can always go home early if I really need to.
Also going out with the mission of having fun helps. It makes me keep engaged in conversation with people, silly jokes, laughing....... so it stops me from focusing on my self.
I know how you feel to some degree , I went out last Friday and it was quite but I WAS anxious and scared most of the time.

ali29
20-02-10, 09:14
Thanks everyone, yeah its the crowded places, people looking at you etc that i dont like!
I spend most my time in toliet or playing with my hair to try and take my mind off worrying.
I feel really breathless this morning, but its nearly time to go to the first bday party so i think i am beginning to feel anxious about it!

Typer
20-02-10, 10:27
You will get through it somehow. Hope your day is okay. Let us know how it went